Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asking at my local gun shop and they swear by this stuff. Has anybody have any comments on this stuff?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There has been many discussions on gun lube and my advice is this: save your money and just use Mobil 1 10w30 and some light bicycle grease. I put the oil on the barrel and some greae on the slide. Remember to not over lube.

·
Registered
266 Posts
IMHO the Wilson grease is pretty good stuff. I don't know if it's better than some of the others. It is handy to apply with the syringe applicator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mobil 1, good for 6000 miles at average of 3000 rpm at temperture of 500F. Hmm, what would that equate to as to how many rounds?? Gun lube is like how women and men moisterizer are marketed. They all have the same active ingredients but the women's product is marked up 5 times. Good packaging , clever marketing " designed just for women/your gun", and add a nice smell to the product. Folks, it's your money.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Mobil 1 be good. Grease be problematic at low temperatures (no matter what the lubricant is in grease, the carriers (base) are the problem). Mobil 1 be better. English be better when sober. :wink:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The Wilson's works great. You don't use enough of it for the cold to have an effect. It litterally just takes the tiniest of amounts, that is why it comes in a syringe. I don't lube anything but slide rails.

ranburr

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I pick up syringes at a local ag/feed store and then blunt the needle tips to use for applying oils. They work great.

Grease in a small amount may be safer, but I have my doubts. I have used small amounts of grease and at temperatures in the teens have had problems. If you are in more temperate zones then they would work very well, I am lazy enough that I want one lube for all seasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts