Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody put Williams Fire sights on the M yet, are they any good, do they fit, or are they just for the XD. If I have new sights put on my M will the press, and tools scratch the slide?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Anybody put Williams Fire sights on the M yet, are they any good, do they fit, or are they just for the XD. If I have new sights put on my M will the press, and tools scratch the slide?
Any sight made for the XD with fit the XD(M), there are several manufacturers of fiber optic sights for the XD. You might want to check out HiViz Pistol Sights << HiViz Sights or Dawson sights PISTOLGEAR | XD HOLSTER, MAGAZINES AND MORE. If you are looking for night sights check out the TFOs they are great in all light conditions.

I was born and raise and lived most of my life in or around Waterford so I know that Williams is pretty close to you but they tend to make more shotgun and rifle sights than pistols.

Welcome to the Forum from sunny Florida.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had Williams install the firesights for me today. They were $46.95 +$30 for mounting them while I waited. rear sights are green, and the front is red. very bright in the light. Gunsmith didnt have to cut the old out but were hard to remove even w/ the right tools.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Please post some pics if you can. I would like to check them out as I am from Waterford too!

·
Registered
373 Posts
By the way, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, welcome to the site!
thankyou, and I will get pics. up soon also got stainless guiderod, and stainless mag release button on the M. For the sights Williams is only 45min. from Waterford MI

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had Williams install the firesights for me today. They were $46.95 +$30 for mounting them while I waited. rear sights are green, and the front is red. very bright in the light. Gunsmith didnt have to cut the old out but were hard to remove even w/ the right tools.
I have pics. in my profile of the XDm w/ sights!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful! Did the gunsmith have "lock" the sights in with Locktite or something?
dont think he had to use locktite. Sights are so tight they wont move!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
dont think he had to use locktite. Sights are so tight they wont move!!!
That's great!

The instructions that came with my tritium sights said to use locktite ... but the gunsmith said that mine were also so tight, he saw no need. So far, they have not budged with firing use.

If I had the $$$, I'd get another 'M' & get the Williams sights for it for daytime use. (My eyes are not so young anymore and I need all the help I can get!:p)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's great!

The instructions that came with my tritium sights said to use locktite ... but the gunsmith said that mine were also so tight, he saw no need. So far, they have not budged with firing use.

If I had the $$$, I'd get another 'M' & get the Williams sights for it for daytime use. (My eyes are not so young anymore and I need all the help I can get!:p)
yeah I carry a XD SUB-COMPACT .40 W/ NIGHT SIGHTS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts