Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have had them on my Colt 1911 for about 7 years. The front sight came off a couple of years ago, during an IDPA match when I bumped it against a barricade. I used epoxy to glue it back on and it stayed on for another year and a half, I did use an epoxy meant for high temperatures. It came off again during another match and I could not find it. I had the slide dovetailed and had a different FO front sight put on.

The original rear sight is still in place, but the fiber broke on one side a week ago so I epoxied it in place and it survived the last IDPA match quite well.

All in all, I would say I have been pleased with them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've had them on my XD9 for about 3 months now, and really like them. they do seem to be a bit fragile. A buddy knocked the front site against a range table and knocked the fiber optic out. I already had a set of Hi Viz for my Glock, and took one of those fiber optics and sanded one side down until it fit in the Williams' hole. So far no problems with my "range repair" The only other downside is in cleaning you XD. No more powder blast type cleaners (unless you are extremely carefull!) That cleaner will tear your fiber optics up. Good luck with whatever you choose

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any of you got a pic of the sights on your guns, especially of the sight picture? If so that'd be great, thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still looking at these sights, and was hoping for a side pic showing how they look. Wondering what kind of profile and how "snaggy" they are.

And all, of course, any further opinions in general. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just spent $130 on a set of Dawson sights. How do these sights compare to them? The Firesight costs way less than the Dawson's, why?

Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I love mine. No snagging, no problems yet in 2 IDPA matches. For $38, if they tear up, I'll just buy new. I showed two people with Dawson's, who looked kind of sick when they looked thru mine. And the back dots aren't that small. If I had it to do over again, I'd think about some TFO's. Bottom line for me, if you don't need an adjustable sight, the Firesights are an extraordinary value.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Who was it that has them for 38 bucks? Old school or ajames? or someone else entirely? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
370 Posts
james had one set that i bought on saturday. he may be able to get more. i cancelled my order with williams because they were out of stock. how is a manufacturer out of stock of their own product? also, why didnt they tell me BEFORE i paid and waited a week just to get some dumbass postcard saying they are out of stock. i would not recommend ordering straight from williams. and they were 45 from williams, lol.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for info, and the sights James! I will be in touch about a holster soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts