Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at tritium sights for my XDM .40. No one really lists the XDM as an option yet, everything says XD. Will they work?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Springfield also makes tritium sights that are the exact match of the stock sights, but with tritium inserts. I don't know if they will sell them to you without installation, but I think they are $105 installed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
dove tails for the xd and xdm are the same, there is no difference in the cuts. sights that fit the regular xd's will fit xdm as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
No I just drop the front dot to where it sits on the horizontal part of the rear sight. The shots will follow the front sight so instead of 3 dots in a row the middle one is a little low. I hope I made that clear. English is not my favorite subject. I would put clear nail polish on the tubes to keep them in place,

Thanks,Keith

·
Registered
334 Posts
It shoots a little high with the TFO sights,

Thanks,Keith

Mines spot on with TFOs!
At what distance are you experiencing that?

Any of the XD sights will slightly shorten the sight radius though.
I have had Heine Straight *'s and the TFOs on mine and both were spot on and i didnt notice the difference in distance between the sights.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You can look at the TFO sights and see that they are taller than the Straight Eights. At any distance real bad at 25 yards,

Thanks,Keith

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You can look at the TFO sights and see that they are taller than the Straight Eights. At any distance real bad at 25 yards,

Thanks,Keith
+1

I got rid of mine.... doesn't make a difference at SD ranges, but otherwise yes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts