Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Springfield magazine grip extension and a SA 15 round mag for my XD-9 Sub...my question is...is this clip (in the link) the EXACT same size/shape as the SA 15 round mag??? If so that means I could take my SA mag extended grip and slip it over this one and have 17 rounds...that would be nice.

Here is the link to the magazine..thanks for your help!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/...gid=&mscssid=SN35BL1RCHC38NCX6MV1D82KBA4X48K2

·
Premium Member
21,706 Posts
i wouldnt know why it wouldnt, its probobly just an aftermarket, one , just be careful u dont trade 2 extra rounds in for a jammin machine?????

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ones from Pistol Gear are only OEM 15 round...not 17...that is why I am curious. I didnt know if anyone had some specific experience(s) with this magazine manufacturer.

I have an OEM 15 round factory with the grip extension and it is great...but if I can have 2 more rounds out of a reliable magazine that is even better!

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
That mag looks like nothing I have seen before, assuming that is the correct picture for what they are selling. They may be some left over Beretta mags that were modified to work with the XD, however I though they too held just 15 rounds of 9mm. I many be wrong on that.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what does that mean? Is that a bad thing that it is a modded Beretta mag?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I can't bring up the link for some reason, but if it is the modified Beretta mag, I recall that when I bought mine SC 9, there was a brochure in the case for a 17 round modified Beretta mag. When I called about it, SA said they were out of them.

Of course, living in good old Ca., I would not have been able to buy them anyway. :(

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well then...I suppose if SA says they are good enough then they are good enough. I will purchase one and try it out. Like I said..if I can have a reliable 17 round mag instead of a 15 round then why not??

·
Registered
885 Posts
Why not purchase the .40 mags for your 9mm? If you get the SA mags with grip extensions that are made for the .40 subby, you should be able to get 17 rounds into those. The only modification (if any) will be to bend the lips at the top of the mag inward...ever so slightly.

I know you can get 12 9mm rounds in the .40 mags (9 rounders) in the standard, short sub-compact mags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts