Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'm aware of the problems many XD's have with SWC bullets because of the profile. I'd like to know if the 230gr LRN bullet pictured below has too much "shoulder" to work. Thoughts?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine feeds that style just fine.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. I have never encountered any feed jams with similar LRN bullets...even ones with a slight shoulder like the one you have pictured. YMMV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just finished having a tussle with this same type round. The problem ended up being that I was not seating the bullet to the proper depth. Seat to the driving band, put a small taper crimp on it, and you will be fine....my OAL using Unique 5.0gr, was 1.190...it looks short, but it ran though my XD with ease.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have shot 300 rounds of yhose through mine with no problem follow wizards advice seat to proper depth and just a light crimp is all that is needed

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just finished having a tussle with this same type round. The problem ended up being that I was not seating the bullet to the proper depth. Seat to the driving band, put a small taper crimp on it, and you will be fine....my OAL using Unique 5.0gr, was 1.190...it looks short, but it ran though my XD with ease.....
+1

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
That load is only making about 725fps, I'm surprised it cycles the slide. Using 6gr gives you a "ball" equiv. load of 850fps or so.
I shoot 225gr-230grLRN & 200grLTC out of my Tac w/ 100% reliablity along w/ 8-9 diff. JHP.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
That load is only making about 725fps, I'm surprised it cycles the slide. Using 6gr gives you a "ball" equiv. load of 850fps or so.
I shoot 225gr-230grLRN & 200grLTC out of my Tac w/ 100% reliablity along w/ 8-9 diff. JHP.
All that being said....mine feeds my lead just fine...my buddy's does not. Get a couple hundred and see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
a lot of feed problems can be solved by using the LEE factory crimp die after you reload your rounds , i found these years ago and do every round i load now ,

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I'll take it out for the first time next week. If it won't take my normal SWC loads I'll buy some of these LRN to load for the XD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts