Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a guy at the range who had one for his beretta so his wife could shoot it comfortably. Plus it would be supercheap and fun for screwing around on farm property.

Is there any word if they'll make a .22 conversion barrel?

-Thomas

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
It has been discussed here extensively, and there are many who are waiting for one to come. One company had a prototype, then said it would be in production and available at _____ date. Then it got delayed, and delayed, and delayed. Finally they admitted they weren't pursuing it anymore. Scott from Springer Precision says that there is one out there in the works now, but can't give any more info. There are no solid leads now, but yes, eventually we will see a .22 conversion.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the straight-answer! Wasn't expecting one hah. I'll keep holding out then. Until then I'll keep buying 100rds of Blazer every week and stock piling it :)
-Thomas

·
Registered
141 Posts
The answer is Maybe.....

I fondled the Advantage Arms prototype 2yrs ago at SHOT. They were saying it would be out that year....

I'd buy one in a heartbeat to keep shooting expenses down.

For some reason it seems that in respect to after market or custom parts the XD has become the Ford Explorer of handguns. By that I mean that although many, many have been sold and are loved by their owners almost all the aftermarket support goes to Chevy (ie, a Glock of SUV's).

Maybe it's because the XD is almost perfect to begin with & really doesn't need many "upgrades".:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts