Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mmmmmno. The compact xdm is a scxd but the barrel is .8 inches longer, they will not redesign a gun for half an inch when barrel length is the easy part to conceal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but i thought xdm 9mm compact is update of xd 9mm, while xdsc 9mm could get its xdm counterpart, no? barrel is only 3"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its 3.8" how much smaller do you want it to be .8" isn't going to hurt

·
Registered
715 Posts
but i thought xdm 9mm compact is update of xd 9mm, while xdsc 9mm could get its xdm counterpart, no? barrel is only 3"
they are not really counterparts, the XDM line was developed off the xd45 platform and marketed differently at least partialy so as not to compete against the xd and justify the higher price point. in order to drop the extra .8 inch HS would have to retool both frame and slide production, not going to happen. I'd still have to call it a sub-compact as it is smaller than the 3.8 and 4.5.

·
Registered
158 Posts
the xdm9 is different from the xdm9 compact. the xdm9 can have a 3.8 or 4.5inch barrel and have full size grips. the compact version has the "half grip" and comes with 1 small mag, and a large mag with a sleeve just like the xdsc. the only difference in teh dimensions of the XDSC and the xdmC is .8 longer on the barrel for the xdm, grip size is the same.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wouldn't mind a version even smaller than the xdm compact. I am in the market for a gun I can put on my car keys. That would be great if it had a carabiner already built in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wouldn't mind a version even smaller than the xdm compact. I am in the market for a gun I can put on my car keys. That would be great if it had a carabiner already built in.

LOL... single shot? I wonder if you have to have an ATF 200 tax stamp for other weapons (keychain gun):cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
LOL... single shot? I wonder if you have to have an ATF 200 tax stamp for other weapons (keychain gun):cool:
Single shot sounds perfect. And it will shoot one 410 magic shell that blows a fifty foot hole in your targets but won't mess up and drywall with overpenetration.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mmmmmno. The compact xdm is a scxd but the barrel is .8 inches longer, they will not redesign a gun for half an inch when barrel length is the easy part to conceal.
So wrong! Surely they will make one just like the did with XD. That .8" is closer to an inch than to half an inch. It is not big deal for a CCW hobbyist but some folks need comfortable pistols for work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts