Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther has a composite scope mount that attaches to the accessory rail and "bridges" up over the top of the slide.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/accessory.pl?accessory_id=135&referer=37

I was wondering if anyone had one of these, and had tried to see how it fit on the XD.

It looks like maybe the taper at the top wiould be too narrow for the XD's square slide, but we'll never know until someone tries it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the Forum, HI to all. I have a CP99 with the bridge mount and may hold up to full size handgun. I also got a similar Walther product from Earl's Repair that is designed for the P99's. Worth a try. I use the CP 99 bridge on my P22. :p

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
I have a red dot sight that I can mount on my XD 9 V10. It works great I got it from ebay, name on it is TAC ltd, made in Israel, model GiS. It is the model that fits on the Glock. It did require some modifications. Hand filing for about 10 minutes on the bottom of the top rail for the slide to function freely. You will have to "convince" the scope mount to go over the pistol's take down lever, no big.

The mount fits extremmmmmllllyyyyyy tight on the pistol, even without the trigger pin in place. I actually have to wrestle with the thing to get the scope mount off.

Shooting with a red dot scope on is pretty fun. balance of gun is not too bad, I barley notice a differance.

I only have about 60 rounds thru the pistol with the red dot scope and mount on, not one problem, even with the porting on the V10.

Let me know if you want pictures. making ribs right now, gotta get back to the grill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Walter bridge I got at Earl's is designed for the full size P99 and has a larger throat for slide/barrel. But it's pricey- $100.00 but has 4 rails the long one on top and 3 more at 3-6-9. Sounds like the Glock one is your better solution.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
some pictures, if I get it right

25 foot target, target size 4inch each, two hand hold, standing

attack cat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts