Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject says: Will the Mod2. in 45ACP be the smallest double stack 45 out there? With a 9+1 round capactity in such a small package, I think it's a pretty compelling little pistol.

I can't think of any double stack 45's smaller.

Anyone?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Para Warthog.
Interesting, never knew about that one:

Beaver tail kinda kills it for me, but it is definitely smaller! Pricey little bugger too.

EDIT: Also interesting that googl'ing this pistol turns up a lot of fte problems and pretty harsh opinions. Wondering if 3" 45ACP was just never meant to be.

EDIT 2: It's actually not MUCH smaller than the Mod.2, in fact the grip width is wider (1.3" vs 1.2") than the Mod.2. The only dimension that it's smaller is height (4.5" vs 4.75").

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Interesting, never knew about that one:

Beaver tail kinda kills it for me, but it is definitely smaller! Pricey little bugger too.

EDIT: Also interesting that googl'ing this pistol turns up a lot of fte problems and pretty harsh opinions. Wondering if 3" 45ACP was just never meant to be.

EDIT 2: It's actually not MUCH smaller than the Mod.2, in fact the grip width is wider (1.3" vs 1.2") than the Mod.2. The only dimension that it's smaller is height (4.5" vs 4.75").
It's also 10rd vs 9 in the Mod2.

And I had a 3" Colt New Agent that ran 100% reliably.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
how big is the mod 2? How does it compare in size to the G30s?
XD MOD.2 3.3 Sub-Compact Model .45ACP Springfield Armory
Mod.2 45
WIDTH: 1.2"
HEIGHT: 4.75" (w/compact 9 round mag)
LENGTH: 6.5"

Glock 30S G30S .45 Caliber Pistol GLOCK USA
Glock 30s
WIDTH: 1.27"
HEIGHT: 4.8" (with 10 round mag - not sure?)
LENGTH: 6.96"

The Mod.2 45 is smaller. The glock is 22.95oz unloaded but not sure if that includes the mag. The Mod.2 is 26oz with the compact mag. So if the G30s doesn't include the mag, I suspect they're about the same weight.

I've shot a G30s and gripped a Mod.2 (in 9mm) - the G30s "feels" larger and clunkier/blocky (glock like), in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm sure the height is with the 10 round mag, with the flush 9 rounder it is close to the same height as my G26. It does have a thick grip I wish it were just a tad bit smaller because I do have to have a different grip on it than on my 9mm double stacks. Is the Mod2 .45acp the exact same size as the Mod2 in 9mm and .40sw?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the review except its a 9mm in the video but same gun

Lets see how observant you guys are.

What do you see wrong in the video
The 9/40 is not quite the same; the .45 Mod.2 is going to be a little longer.

Didn't see anything wrong. It was great that Hickok pointed out the GRIP ZONE for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts