Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the Blackhawk Serpa for a regular XD will hold and XDm 9mm, and the Retention will work properly?:confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i tried my xdm9 in a friends regular xd serpa it worked although i felt it rode a bit lose in the holster and about half a inch of the barrel stuck out the bottom. im still in search of a good holster for mine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a Bullard Dual Carry for my XDM 40 and love it. You get the best of both worlds you can wear it IWB or out.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Mine is just fine and the retention holds it right in place.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I almost bought one at Cabelas at lunch. They look pretty good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Works good with my XD45 Tactical and XDM40,would recommend one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, the XDM works in the Serpa. Below is a picture of my XDM .40 in the Serpa Sportster.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Anyone tried one of the longer XDM Match 5.25s? I've got one in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yes, the XDM 5.25 works just fine - obviously it just extends a little further out the bottom of the holster.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
Anyone tried one of the longer XDM Match 5.25s? I've got one in .45 ACP.

Yes, it does work. Been carrying that way for some time now, Make sure your shirt/coat covers the end of the barrel. It is no problem, Remember, "Bring enough gun"!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Richard,

I also have a .45 with a 5.25" barrel. I checked out one of these holsters at my LGS, and the gun did indeed fit, very well, except that the end of the slide stuck out a good bit. Enough so that I was concerned about the front sight catching on a draw, and damaging it.

In the real world, that may not be a problem, but I was concerned.

It also wouldn't handle my Crimson Trace LG-448. :(

So, I called Serpa, spoke with a very nice, and very helpful CS person (Judy), and was told that they did not "for now" offer an extended version for the 5.25" barrel.

It IS a very nice holster though. Sure wish they had one for the 5.25" barrel, with a Crimson Trace LG-448 sight. Maybe if enough people called and asked about it...

1-800-694-5263

Hint, hint, hint...

Thanks,

Duane

·
Registered
180 Posts
Duane,

I'm on it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wear a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for my XDM compact and it's worked out for me so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts