Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got one mag that's giving me a failure to feed about 3 rounds out of 250. Is it worth getting ahold of them?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
you could always try disassembling it, making sure it is clean, and lightly oiling the inside of it. If that doesn't work, give 'em a yell.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken them down and cleaned them. Could it maybe be the mag lips?

*Edit....

When it fails to feed, the round will start to feed into the throat of the chamber and stop. Would maybe giving the feed ramp a little polish help? If so, how do I go about that?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
jetsiphon said:
I've taken them down and cleaned them. Could it maybe be the mag lips?

*Edit....

When it fails to feed, the round will start to feed into the throat of the chamber and stop. Would maybe giving the feed ramp a little polish help? If so, how do I go about that?
Some have polished the ramp with a dremel tool or even by hand, but a good gunsmith would be the best choice.

I would try a new magazine before doing any polishing of the feedramp.

Are you using factory ammo?

Do you ever drop your mags on the ground? (as done in competition)

When you cleaned your magazines, is it possible that the mag spring was reversed?

Does the feed ramp feel rough to the touch? I check mine each time I clean them and so far they are super smooth right from the factory.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hobocircus said:
Are you using factory ammo?

Do you ever drop your mags on the ground? (as done in competition)

When you cleaned your magazines, is it possible that the mag spring was reversed?

Does the feed ramp feel rough to the touch? I check mine each time I clean them and so far they are super smooth right from the factory.
All the problems have occured with Remmington UMC.

I have droped my mags, however, they hit the bases and they have been cleaned since then. They were dropped in sand.

I don't think the spring was reversed, but I'll take a second look.

The feed ramp doesn't feel rough to the touch, hosever, I can see where the FMJ's hit the feed ramp. It doesn't look like it's really beating the feed ramp up, but you can definitely see where the rounds are feeding.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
jetsiphon said:
Will Springfield warrenty a mag?
that is a good question. does anyone know the answer? i would think the answer would be Yes, since they laser their name on them, but i dont want to assume.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
There is an easy fix for this malady.

The malady is known in the 1911 world as SSM Syndrome. Yes, Shitty Stock Magazine syndrome. Several 1911 makers have this disease but its easy to fix.

One; take the stock magazine out of your 1911 before ever going to the range and throw it in the trash. Yes..it looks good and shiny, but theres trouble on the horizon...trust me. Bye bye potential headache.

Two; call or order new 47D magazines from Wilsons shop in Berryville, AK.

Three; avoid the temptation to buy bargain 1911 magazines from a shop or show or anywhere or the syndrome could resurface.

Problem solved!

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm going to keep an eye on it and mark it next time. I thought that I had already marked it, but I guess not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts