Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a HS-2000 for sale that is missing the extractor. I can't find the part online anywhere to order and replace myself and was wondering if SA will fix this under warranty.

Other than the missing part, the gun is in good shape and shows no signs of abuse, or even rust. It's a good deal, but I don't want to be stuck with it if I can't get it fixed. I will obviously not be the original owner as stated in SA's warranty and don't want them to deny coverage if I get this.

Or if you know where to buy an extractor, I'd much rather buy it and put it in myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would imagine they would be able to fix it or at least be able to sell you the parts. I couldn't be sure if they would fix it under warranty though, my XD40 is also second hand but they warrantee it just like I was the original buyer, because they never asked! I'd go for it, one way or another it'll get fixed.
TOJAZ

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Call Springfield. I'd be terribly disappointed if they didn't fix the pistol free.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I'm sure they can fix it. I'd guess the part would go for $20 or so, plus maybe some installation cost.

And they might just fix it for free, banking on your becoming a satisfied customer as a result.

BTW: If they do by chance send you the extractor (I doubt it, I tried to buy a spare but they wouldn't send me one), make sure you remove the striker before you put in the extractor. You can't put in the extractor with the striker in place--you'll jam it. Don't ask me how I know that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have found a HS-2000 for sale that is missing the extractor.
Hope you got a real good deal on that. How does an extractor go missing?

Will Springfield fix this?
Call them and ask. What I have read (InterWebz gunboard rumor) is yes, but not for free. The HS2000 was not a gun that they sold, after all.

Some places have XD factory parts, but I didn't see an extractor, on a quick look.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I can't find the part online anywhere to order and replace myself and was wondering if SA will fix this under warranty.
The way I understand most warranties is that they will cover failures/breakages from normal wear, under normal circumstances. That said, I don't see how they would cover a missing part, just I as I would NOT expect them to replace a magazine or slide if I lost them. YMMV, but as suggested on the board, call and ask them directly. No one here can answer for them as we do not represent them. They appear to be a standup company (thankfully I have not had to find out myself) and will stand by the weapon and try to make you happy (within reason).

Don

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
you will have to send it in. SA wont sell extractors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts