Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the XDC 3" barrel will fit in an XD Mod 2, but will an XD 4" standard barrel fit in the XD Mod 2? I referring to a 9 mm barrel.

I'm looking at getting a threaded barrel for my XD mod 2.

When you buy a threaded barrel, does the barrel rifling extend to the end of the barrel, or stops at the point there the threads start.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
First to the big question... I don't know, but I think it would. I believe the threads go all the way. I am not that savvy about barrels

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not Directly, as Any Barrel they require fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but NO, they will not work. The locking lugs on the Mod.2 and original XD barrels are NOT the same, nor are the Locking blocks on in the frames. I just wrote a review about the Mod.2 and did some measurements. The physical dimensions of the locking blocks are vastly different. Original XD locking lug has a width of 0.3382", and the Mod.2 locking lug is 0.377". I've also tried to put an original XD barrel into a Mod.2 and the barrel would not properly interface with the Mod.2 Locking block.

THERE IS HOPE. HOWEVER. The locking lugs on XD(M) barrels are IDENTICAL dimensionally to the Mod.2 barrels. I have verified that they interface and lock properly.

If you want to read up on my findings, you can check out the review here:

Review: Springfield XD Mod.2 Service – The Gun That Hugs You Back!

I think you might be able to finagle your way using an XD(M) 3.8 threaded barrel, because they have a length of 4.5". It might just BARELY fit with a suppressor on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts