Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the current versions of the XDS (manufactured post recall) have a roll pin in the grip safety?

Saw one in a rather seedy pawn shop, without a roll pin in the grip safety, and they guy was telling me that guns manufactured since the recall do not have a roll pin in the grip safety.

Does anyone own and XDS above the recall serial numbers and does it have a roll pin?
For XDS 9mm that would be a serial above XS938700 and for XDS 45ACP above serial XS686300.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yes. Newly manufactured as well as repaired/recalled XDs's will have the roll pin.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine was new,but pre recall, & Davidsons sent it back so it has one. I believe all the new ones have them too. Check the SN on the pre recall & then get the SN of the one you are looking at. I believe he is lying to you.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I bought mine new and it came with the roll pin. If it does not have the roll pin it is pre recall. The roll pin is the identifier if the recall has been completed or the gun was manufactured post recall.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do the current versions of the XDS (manufactured post recall) have a roll pin in the grip safety? YES, Got a 45ACP two days ago

Saw one in a rather seedy pawn shop, without a roll pin in the grip safety, and they guy was telling me that guns manufactured since the recall do not have a roll pin in the grip safety. >>>>>>>>>>>>>if it doesnt then it ore recall and has never been sent in.

Does anyone own and XDS above the recall serial numbers and does it have a roll pin?
For XDS 9mm that would be a serial above XS938700 and for XDS 45ACP above serial XS686300.
;);););););)

·
Registered
117 Posts
No roll pin = needs to be sent in.
Correct.

Not only did the recall fix existing guns, the design was changed so every gun made after that point would have the roll pin. This was a design change to the gun, not a fix of a manufacturing defect.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Saw one in a rather seedy pawn shop, without a roll pin in the grip safety, and they guy was telling me that guns manufactured since the recall do not have a roll pin in the grip safety.
Nothing aggravates me more than a pathological liar of a salesman who pulls an "answer" out of thin air, tossing out whatever he thinks will get you to buy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am somewhat curious because I bought my XDS new, it has a roll pin, and it has a serial number that puts it in the pre-recall group. Did Springfield fix some pre-recall pistols before they shipped them? Did a distributor send them back before they sent them to their retailers? The cutoff is XS686300 and my pistol is XS624xxx.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am somewhat curious because I bought my XDS new, it has a roll pin, and it has a serial number that puts it in the pre-recall group. Did Springfield fix some pre-recall pistols before they shipped them? Did a distributor send them back before they sent them to their retailers? The cutoff is XS686300 and my pistol is XS624xxx.
I also just bought a pre-recall xds 3.3 .45 this week with a roll pin already installed. Did they have them before and a design change removed them at recall time and they had to be re-added? Did pre-recall ones also get set in by dealers to get 'fixed'?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also just bought a pre-recall xds 3.3 .45 this week with a roll pin already installed. Did they have them before and a design change removed them at recall time and they had to be re-added? Did pre-recall ones also get set in by dealers to get 'fixed'?
There was no roll pin in any pre-recall XDs. Old XDS with the recall completed and factory new (post-recall) all have roll pins.

If your XDS has a roll pin, it is fixed and up to date. If your XDS does not have a roll pin, it is not fixed or up to date.

If a dealer had any XDS in stock when the recall notice hit, they were required to pull them and send them in to get fixed.

Bottom line is: if you see a roll pin you're good to go, if you don't see a roll pin, send it in and get it updated, it only takes about a week currently and you get a free mag.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The roll pin attaches a lever, to the grip safety, that rest on the sear, it is not just a indicator of post mod status.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts