Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just got my cross breed supertuk few days ago. in the market for a gun belt. Looking at the wildernss tactical or black hawk CQB rigger belt. any thoughts about each should i get 1.5 or1.75 belt.. thanks please help. might buy blawk hawk tomrrow if its good choice and the place has them.
thanks

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
hi all just got my cross breed supertuk few days ago. in the market for a gun belt. Looking at the wildernss tactical or black hawk CQB rigger belt. any thoughts about each should i get 1.5 or1.75 belt.. thanks please help. might buy blawk hawk tomrrow if its good choice and the place has them.
thanks
I'm on my second Blackhawk belt... because they had to replace the first after the buckle fell apart. Not impressed with the second one after some time wearing it (had it longer than the first one). Will be getting a Crossbreed sometime soon; may want to check them out.

Out of the 2 listed, I'd go with the Wilderness Tactical.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
darn, any others thoughts out there was hoping to pick it up tomrrow. maybe yours was a lemon one?Whats the buckle made of?? thanks hopefully ill get a few more reviews.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
darn, any others thoughts out there was hoping to pick it up tomrrow. maybe yours was a lemon one?Whats the buckle made of?? thanks hopefully ill get a few more reviews.
I dont know what it's made of; probably cheap pot metal. It looks like brass, but I'm pretty sure it isnt.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
I have not looked at the Blackhawk but was planning on purchasing the wilderness tactical. Was looking at the cheaper one that isn't $90, I think it is around $33 or so. All the reviews on their site and Midway USA were positive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the wilderness tactical belt and I love it!!! I was considering the Blackhawk but it just doesn't stack up

·
Registered
261 Posts
I purchased a Wilderness Frequent Flyer Belt a few months back and it has become my most used rig. It is the same belt as their Instructor model but instead of the rigger buckle it uses two polymer rings and velcro; no metal so it will go through security sans weapon. I ordered the 5 stitch with polymer reinforcement. I prefer a very stiff, supportive belt for CCW use. I highly recommend Wilderness Belts to the point that my expensive leather gear isn't seeing any use right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll throw a vote in on the Wilderness Instructor. I liked mine so much, I bought a second one in OD Green for a little variety. Both of mine are the 5 stitch variant without the insert. Plenty stiff for me, though I'd imagine the one with the polymer insert would only make things a bit easier. No complains with mine at all. Can't speak for the other belt as I've never seen or used one. If you go the route of the WT, check out GMS tactical, don't have their site handy but a google search should lead you there. I think pricewise they are the same as buying direct, but both times I purchased my belts from there, they offered free shipping on wilderness products. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts