Springfield XD Forum banner

Wife made me proud today!!!!

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  kstew89 
#1 ·
My wife finally made it to the range with me today. She got to shoot her new xdm 9mm. I was really impressed with the way she shot it. She has never shot any gun before in her life especially a pistol. She has pretty good form and has a decent group. It is kinda low however the group is alright so I should be able help her fix it and bring the group up to where it should be.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Dude! You're a lucky man, I wish I could find a woman like that! :)

That is awesome that you and the wife got to spend time at the range together...The poor squirrel never saw her coming! :shock: :)

#4 ·
Yes I am a lucky man. She loves her new gun. Im really happy that she into it now so I dont have to rush so much at the range. I dont get the where are you call. Her first shot ever was the center of the squirrel. Im going to go with beginners luck but its still pretty nice.

#6 ·
Yes I am a lucky man. She loves her new gun. Im really happy that she into it now so I dont have to rush so much at the range. I dont get the where are you call. Her first shot ever was the center of the squirrel. Im going to go with beginners luck but its still pretty nice.
I say less beginners luck and more the involuntary anticipation of recoil on later shots. Easy enough to fix, just shoot more! Snap caps mixed with lave ammo did the trick for me.

#8 ·
I say less beginners luck and more the involuntary anticipation of recoil on later shots. Easy enough to fix, just shoot more! Snap caps mixed with lave ammo did the trick for me.
yea, thats what I am planning on doing. There was another guy there shooting that is more experienced with hand guns than I am and he made her turn around and he gave her an empty gun and we watched, she was pulling the muzzle down when she shot. He said to try the snap caps, him and his buddy's did it as a joke and it really helped so we will work on that. Tward the end of the day we didnt notice her pulling it down, she still shoots low but its a lot easier to help someone move a good group than someone that shoots all over the place. Thanx for the supports guys!

#9 ·
Congrats on finding one of the few ladies out there that are willing to go shoot. I have one myself :D Actually, my wife is better at shooting my XD9sc than I am :oops:. She has tighter groups at 7yrds than I do. Her first time ever shooting my XD (not her first gun) she hit the first 3 rounds in the center of the target. My .45 is a little much for her, so she doesn't shoot that all too often, but she does love shooting the XD, and wants to get one for herself.

#12 ·
Nice! :D

#13 ·
Good for her! I shoot every week & recently got my man back into shooting. Range time is always a good day - enjoy!

#14 ·
Went to the range for the second time with my wife. Made me way more proud the second time. She is catching on fast and fixing her own problems. Take a look for yourself.

Attachments

#15 ·
It is awsome to have a girl that likes shooting as much as we do! My girlfriend loves shooting too. She likes the pistols but REALLY likes the AR...lol...hmm, seems like an excuse to buy some more guns!!! :)

#16 ·
It is awsome to have a girl that likes shooting as much as we do! My girlfriend loves shooting too. She likes the pistols but REALLY likes the AR...lol...hmm, seems like an excuse to buy some more guns!!! :)
Exactly why I am so excited. We just got the xdm's and she is already telling me that she wants to get an AR so she can shoot it. It makes it a lot easier to get the ok to spend the money:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.