Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a small town western WI newspaper today and saw that the Milltown Village Board has unanimously agreed to not allow firearms at any village owned location or event once the CCW law goes into effect Nov. 1.
"My feeling is that we're not going to allow (firearms) in public," stated Police Chief Andy Anderson. " From village offices, to the community center, libary, really any public area".
"Really, I'm just not comfortable with anybody carrying a gun at these places," Anderson said.

I thought people in western Wisconsin had more common sense than this guy but I guess not. Fear mongers are everywhere including small town USA. I just hope all the criminals abide by the decision too.:?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I was reading a small town western WI newspaper today and saw that the Milltown Village Board has unanimously agreed to not allow firearms at any village owned location or event once the CCW law goes into effect Nov. 1.
"My feeling is that we're not going to allow (firearms) in public," stated Police Chief Andy Anderson. " From village offices, to the community center, libary, really any public area".
"Really, I'm just not comfortable with anybody carrying a gun at these places," Anderson said.

I thought people in western Wisconsin had more common sense than this guy but I guess not. Fear mongers are everywhere including small town USA. I just hope all the criminals abide by the decision too.:?

Someone should tell that police chief that someone carrying a gun at those places might save his life someday!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yep anyone can just go around carrying a gun. No training involved, no background check, no permit, no.....oh wait never mind.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Yep anyone can just go around carrying a gun. No training involved, no background check, no permit, no.....oh wait never mind.

Even if that were true...look at all the blood in the streets/wild wild west/for the children/etc going on in Alaska, Arizona, Vermont...all the open carry states...

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
sh-sh-sh-sh-sheeple doing what they do best.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I thought people in western Wisconsin had more common sense than this guy but I guess not.
La Crosse County is trying to ban from all county buildings right now. There are all sorts of idiots all over the state.

Even if that were true...look at all the blood in the streets/wild wild west/for the children/etc going on in Alaska, Arizona, Vermont...all the open carry states...
Wisconsin is currently an open carry state. Concealed carry goes into effect in just over a month.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
This is cropping up in many places. My own place of employment is considering putting up signs. I'm a pharmacist and I sure as he77 don't want the bad guys to know I'm defenseless. They just don't get it...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Wisconsin is a very blue state one of the reasons I would not move back there.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My understanding is Iowa had the same problem when their concealed carry passed. From the sound of it neither state has a very good preemption if cities can regulate the carry even if it's only in city buildings.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is so funny about this whole "no guns allowed" is, if my gun is properly concealed, how are they going to know if I have one on my person? Silly uninformed people.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
What is so funny about this whole "no guns allowed" is, if my gun is properly concealed, how are they going to know if I have one on my person? Silly uninformed people.
That is exactly what I told my boss (who supports me carrying). They'll never see it unless they search me. I asked if they will fire me if I ever break their rule and save my or someone else's life like Walgreen's did. I'm going to take my chances and err on the side of saving my and my staff's lives.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The police chief doesn't realize it, but people are already carryng guns in those places. It is the wrong kind of people, the bad guys, that are carrying there. The town is not protecting innocent people with this ban, it is only protecting the criminals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts