Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wi is about 5 days away form getting a carry law i was wondering what are some of the options for holsters that are very concealable

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that is pretty much exactly what i was looking for but had no idea who made one

·
Premium Member
127,279 Posts
CrossBreed SuperTuck for IWB

·
Registered
422 Posts
Where did you get your information from that CC was going through and which bill? Not constitutional carry or? I heard this was still a bit off...within the next 65 days or so. I have been eagerly awaiting this news.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got this email on May 24.

Wisconsin Carry Chairman to me, wisconsincarry
May 24 (4 days ago)
Greetings in Freedom,
Senate Bill 93 the "Constitutional Carry" bill is available here:
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/sb93
Here is the amendment proposed for Senate Bill 93, the "constitutional carry" bill:
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/amendments/sb93/ssa1_sb93
This amendment merges an optional permit system into the constitutional carry bill.
Under this amendment, the only other major change from the original Constitutional Carry bill is that you will need the "optional" permit if you want to carry in "school zones" (there is a state and federal law that prohibits carry within 1000ft of a school premises) However with a permit, you are exempt from that law.
The Wisconsin Carry board convened today. We are advocating that our members all contact their senators and ask them to support Senate Bill 93. Under SB 93 you would be able to conceal carry WITHOUT a permit EVERYWHERE where you currently can open-carry without a permit. If you want to carry in the GFSZ (open or concealed) you will need to get the "optional" permit.
The GFSZ are a significant issue and will require that people who choose to "constitutional carry" and not get a permit be very mindful of them especially in urban areas. Of course the Federal GFSZ law does still exist and while it isn't currently enforced unless the feds were after you for something else, even if Wisconsin's GFSZ law was abolished, that should still be a concern for people.
The only TRUE way to insulate yourself from the Federal GFSZ law would be to get a permit. I don't trust the federal government enough to carry at will in school zones without a permit hoping they don't START enforcing them more wide-spread.
I've spoken personally today with our largest ally in the State Senate and I truly believe we have pushed this cart as far up the hill as we can this session. We need to stake these gains off, get the modified constitutional carry bill passed before the July recall elections. If we choose to come out against SB 93 with the amendments, we have NO bill and NO advocate in the senate.
I believe if passed with the amendments, SB 93 will give Wisconsin the 5th best concealed carry law in the country behind only Arizona, Alaska, Vermont, and WY. Of course our individual members as always make decisions for themselves, but as an organization, I believe we would be doing a disservice and risking all our progress to come against SB 93 with the new amendment.
We will continue to pursue every option (including the court system) to challenge the GFSZ statutes (fed and state) and future legislatures as well.
Please contact YOUR state senator today and ask them to support Senate Bill 93
The Senate Judiciary Committee will meet TOMORROW to vote on the bill. The FULL senate is expected to vote on it when they return to session early June. PLEASE contact your Senators today:
Who Are My Legislators?
There are 4 legislators who we need to give special attention to. In addition to your Senator, please make contact with the following 4 legislators:
Senator Scott Fitzgerald (Senate Majority Leader)
Wisconsin State Legislature
Senator Alberta Darling
Senator Sheila Harsdorf
Representative Jeff Fitzgerald
Please Call or Email YOUR senator and also these 4 legislators and simply ask that they support Senate Bill 93.
Carry On,
Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.wisconsincarry.org
[email protected]
www.youtube.com/wisconsincarry
www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry
facebook: search "wisconsin carry"

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yup. It's looking like we are going to pass a Constitutional Carry bill and then you will have to apply for a permit to carry within 1000 feet of a school. And since schools are everywhere, and only a fool would risk a felony to conceal carry next to one, it makes it pretty much mandatory to get the school zone permit. Sounds like a scam to get about $50 out of everyone who wants to conceal carry. They've been pounding this thing out for the past week or so. I get the legislative update emails almost every day. Looks like Gov. Walker will have something on his desk to sign really soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thank you Creature.

Hmmm. Well it looks like I will need the permit then because I live a block from a school or two. I am getting info that this is still in the preliminary stages as of yet though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. It's looking like we are going to pass a Constitutional Carry bill and then you will have to apply for a permit to carry within 1000 feet of a school. And since schools are everywhere, and only a fool would risk a felony to conceal carry next to one, it makes it pretty much mandatory to get the school zone permit. Sounds like a scam to get about $50 out of everyone who wants to conceal carry. They've been pounding this thing out for the past week or so. I get the legislative update emails almost every day. Looks like Gov. Walker will have something on his desk to sign really soon.

if this "scam" of getting 50 bucks from every law abiding citizen that will carry bothers you, just remember the people that risk a felony do it already without a carry law. i will gladly pay my 50 to protect my family. guns are on our streets now in the hands of those who are causing problems, but when you put guns in the hands of those who want to keep peace it truns the tables and the ones causing problems start to realize there are repurcussions for your actions.

·
Registered
265 Posts
if this "scam" of getting 50 bucks from every law abiding citizen that will carry bothers you, just remember the people that risk a felony do it already without a carry law. i will gladly pay my 50 to protect my family. guns are on our streets now in the hands of those who are causing problems, but when you put guns in the hands of those who want to keep peace it truns the tables and the ones causing problems start to realize there are repurcussions for your actions.
You misunderstood me. I meant that the only reason they're sneaking this in there is to generate some money for the state. If the bill is constitutional carry, and only law-abiding citizens are allowed to purchase and carry firearms, then it follows that they shouldn't have to pay extra to carry next to a school. When you have to pay for a right, it becomes a privilege. I'm all for a background check, but you shouldn't have to pay for it. I also agree with some legislators that it should be a felony if you are caught conceal-carrying illegally. No more of this misdemeanor business.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Wi is about 5 days away form getting a carry law i was wondering what are some of the options for holsters that are very concealable

Optimist!

Hope you're correct, but I think it will be late fall before we have our privilege (oops!) right restored!

If the idiots want to "protect the children" they should make it a far stiffer crime to possess or FIRE a weapon in a school zone during the commission of a crime. I'm thinking selling dope in a school zone by an armed person = 3 years hard labor.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You misunderstood me. I meant that the only reason they're sneaking this in there is to generate some money for the state. If the bill is constitutional carry, and only law-abiding citizens are allowed to purchase and carry firearms, then it follows that they shouldn't have to pay extra to carry next to a school. When you have to pay for a right, it becomes a privilege. I'm all for a background check, but you shouldn't have to pay for it. I also agree with some legislators that it should be a felony if you are caught conceal-carrying illegally. No more of this misdemeanor business.

10-4

i have no problem paying tho, so walker is using it as a means to generate money for the state, wich we need badly, i see no problem with that i support our future president of the united states Walker in every way

·
Registered
265 Posts
10-4

i have no problem paying tho, so walker is using it as a means to generate money for the state, wich we need badly, i see no problem with that i support our future president of the united states Walker in every way
I've got no problem paying, either. Heck, $50 for 5 years is only $10 a year. Well worth it. Plus, my front door is less than 200 feet from an elementary school, so for me this would be mandatory. Without the school zone permit, I would be breaking the law just walking out my front door! In the city, schools are everywhere. It would literally be impossible to stay 1000' away from a school while carrying – it just couldn't be done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Plus, my front door is less than 200 feet from an elementary school, so for me this would be mandatory. Without the school zone permit, I would be breaking the law just walking out my front door!
I'm in the same boat. $50 would be very reasonable.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 105 Posts