·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an XD .45
AR build should be done in a few weeks
Mossy 500 next
SA or RIA 1911 after that
so why would i want to scratch a Walther PPK off the list? for F's sake 007 has one!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I dont know, why would you want to scratch a PPK of the list? I know I want one someday. Although I'll probably go for the 32 acp instead of the 380, just cause thats the classic caliber for that, and it'll give me an excuse to buy more ammo :)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Why wouldn't you want a PPK?

They are a 75 year old, 20 ounce mouse gun.

Many more modern choices for concealed carry that are lighter and/or in a more effective caliber.

A Kel-Tek PF9 is shorter, 8 ounces lighter, .1" narrower, and only .5" taller and comes in the 9MM which is a much more effective caliber.

Heck a Glock 36 in .45 ACP weighs the same amount, is only 1/2" taller, 1/2" longer, and .2 inch wider.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I'm not a big Walther fan myself.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you've got the money and you want it, by all means get it. What I mean is, what you want only has to be justified to yourself, if you even want to do that. I see no reason why if you wanted a pink 454casul with a purple cylinder and pink handgrips with with bright orange flashing leds for sights. If thats what you want, get it, shoot it, hang it up on the wall, tell people how proud you are of it, or how you couldn't pass it up because it was so unique. Some times its not about the practicality, but the "just cause" principal in stead lol :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If you've got the money and you want it, by all means get it. . . . If thats what you want, get it, shoot it, hang it up on the wall, tell people how proud you are of it, or how you couldn't pass it up because it was so unique. Some times its not about the practicality, but the "just cause" principal in stead lol :mrgreen:
This is very true...if it is something you WANT, go for it. If it is to serve a particular purpose (CCW, etc.), then I'd suggest going a different route.

If you really like the PPK or PPK/S size pistol, there are some much better options. I would recommend you scratch it from your list and buy the new PPS which is nearly identical in size, weight, etc, but can be had in a "real" caliber (9mm and .40). The Kel-tec is also a decent choice for the same "type" of pistol.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't need it, just want it. so it will stay on the list for now. thanks for the replies, i know nothing of this gun except it's in the old bond movies(never even held one before) so just wondering if anyone has had experience w/ the ppk.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
don't need it, just want it. so it will stay on the list for now. thanks for the replies, i know nothing of this gun except it's in the old bond movies(never even held one before) so just wondering if anyone has had experience w/ the ppk.
I bought one cause I just had to have it. (I did the same with Kahr). I wish I hadn't bought either. The PPK (by Smith and Wesson) was very dirty, has a 20 lb double action trigger pull, weighs a lot, etc. I got it in .32 ACP. I had shot the .380ACP and it kicked like heck. My .45 kicks less than that .380 did. I wish I hadn't bought the heavy little auto. It is accurate, but doesn't always feed, has a rough finish, and I bought it brand new.

Think about what guns Obama and a super majority of antigun liberals will ban and then order one of them while you still can. I doubt the PPK will end up on a ban list, but there are plenty of neat guns that will - put the money in that direction.

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I bought one cause I just had to have it. (I did the same with Kahr). I wish I hadn't bought either. The PPK (by Smith and Wesson) was very dirty, has a 20 lb double action trigger pull, weighs a lot, etc. I got it in .32 ACP. I had shot the .380ACP and it kicked like heck. My .45 kicks less than that .380 did. I wish I hadn't bought the heavy little auto. It is accurate, but doesn't always feed, has a rough finish, and I bought it brand new.

Think about what guns Obama and a super majority of antigun liberals will ban and then order one of them while you still can. I doubt the PPK will end up on a ban list, but there are plenty of neat guns that will - put the money in that direction.

Chapie+
that was the mistake...only buy Walthers that say MADE IN GERMANY...and they ONLY come blued, not chrome or stainless...

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was the mistake...only buy Walthers that say MADE IN GERMANY...and they ONLY come blued, not chrome or stainless...

i see there was a co. called interarms that imported ppks' made in w. germany. i'll keep that in mind if the ppk ever makes it to the on deck circle.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I thought 007 switched to the P99 awhile back...:confused:

Anyway, I can't imagine Daniel Craig's Bond carrying anything less lethal than a .40 with at least a 10-round mag. That guy just kicks butt. Can't wait to see the new flick soon.

Back on-topic...I'd like to own a PPK, too, but mostly for nostalgia purposes. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts