Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have and XD45C that I am wonderfully happy to carry, no issues with the grip or trigger for combat accuracy...I've looked at the XDMspecs and see some upgrades but.....if I get the xdm I have to sell my 45c...I'm ok with .40 as my G27 is my primary carry gun...

Why would I want this?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
you don't.

keep the XD 45.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Though a 45 is always a good choice, 16 rounds of 40S&W is nothing to sneeze at either! It might preclude the need to carry extra magazines when not contemplating mass attacks! Someone wrote "if you cant solve the problem with 16 rounds of 40cal, you probably should have called in artillery support!"

Perhaps so... but if "going loud" in a civilian context is called for it usually means engagements at less than 25 feet for which a good pistol is the most reasonable answer. A good pistol that carries 16 rounds of a more than adaquate caliber is a very reasonable answer. That's why!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just my opinion keep the .45 and get the XDM when you have the funds to keep both. I had the same gun till it was stolen and loved every second i had it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If you are happy the way things are, why would change??

If you want the XDm then get it. If you are happy with the .45c then keep it. You seem to be making a problem where one doesn't exist.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Why not? They are well built, fun to shoot, easy to clean, cool looking pistols.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Though a 45 is always a good choice, 16 rounds of 40S&W is nothing to sneeze at either! It might preclude the need to carry extra magazines when not contemplating mass attacks! Someone wrote "if you cant solve the problem with 16 rounds of 40cal, you probably should have called in artillery support!"

Perhaps so... but if "going loud" in a civilian context is called for it usually means engagements at less than 25 feet for which a good pistol is the most reasonable answer. A good pistol that carries 16 rounds of a more than adaquate caliber is a very reasonable answer. That's why!
IMHO it all depends on your intended use. If self defense is primary, then JustSomeGuy has a very good point--my exact reason for the XDM. Given the statistical contact rate in a defensive situation, and the possibility of more than one attacker, the 16 is very good insurance. It's not good to say..."Gosh, I wish I had had a few more rounds!!!" It's worse to have lost your ability to speak/breathe because of not enough protection.

There may also be justification if you shoot competition. Otherwise, you're okay where you're at.

·
Registered
72 Posts
WHAT ? shut up and buy one. hell get 2. ya cant have to many.
seriusly though they have made alot of improvements. match barrel,sights,just to name a few. being able to change the back grip panel is great. it made a big difference for me.
but I use any exuse to NEED a new gun.
love my XD's XDm

·
Registered
189 Posts
xdm is cool, but xd45c is where its at man... buy the XDM if it doesnt involve selling the 45, if it does then keep the 45, seriously if you have to fire more than even 5 or 6 shots off then your probably screwed anway, plus a 45 has a little better chance of stopping someone with one round than 40

·
Registered
552 Posts
XDm is only out in 40SW and 9mm soon to come. 45 down the road.
Keep the 45XD, there is no need to sell it if it fits all your needs.
Get the XDm only if you want to, and if you wait, you might be able to get it in 45acp when they come out if that is your caliber of choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
XDm is only out in 40SW and 9mm soon to come. 45 down the road.
Keep the 45XD, there is no need to sell it if it fits all your needs.
Get the XDm only if you want to, and if you wait, you might be able to get it in 45acp when they come out if that is your caliber of choice.
My thoughts too if you going to trade in a XD45 I would only do it for the XDM45 when it comes out. I'd guess sometime in the summer of next year (just a guess). I have a XDM and I am still going to get a XD45 after shooting my brothers.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
My thoughts too if you going to trade in a XD45 I would only do it for the XDM45 when it comes out. I'd guess sometime in the summer of next year (just a guess). I have a XDM and I am still going to get a XD45 after shooting my brothers.
LOL! Ok... I had to read that a couple of times. At first it looked like you were the youngest son and the only way you could inherit was to shoot all your brothers and thence buy an XD45. But upon further review, I came to the more sane conclusion that you had shot your brother's pistol and thinking it was marvelous, decided to purchase one at a later date.

Those pesky little ' thingies! But then, I don't use 'em all the time either.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have and XD45C that I am wonderfully happy to carry, no issues with the grip or trigger for combat accuracy...I've looked at the XDMspecs and see some upgrades but.....if I get the xdm I have to sell my 45c...I'm ok with .40 as my G27 is my primary carry gun...

Why would I want this?
Why not?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I see you are looking for a big cal so 9mm is out... my $0.02 would be...

if the XD was only and primarily for Daily Carry i would say buy a SC but since you are comparing apple with orange in the sense of similar size.. then i would go with the XDm and buy a Guide rod with a 22# spring and BAM you have a .40 that acts like a .45 and all the goodies of the of the XDm ... but thats just me...

Edit: I was gonna do this but due to high cost gotta buy the XDm-9 = Cheaper shooting but with all the greatness!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts