Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always on the look out to get on a bandwagon...so here I am, the North Carolina Roll Call.

Spring Lake here, stationed at Ft Bragg.

Where is everyone else/where do you shoot?

Dave

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Greenville NC ...... originally from Jacksonville NC

I shoot at an indoor range called Shooters in Rocky Mount(pistals and rifles in pistal calibers). http://www.shootersindoorsports.com/

Hopefully sometime in the next 2 months I plan to go to Hubert (20 mins from Jacksonville NC) and their is an outdoor range where anything legal short of artilery is allowed (so I have been told)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Cumberland County near Hope Mills. I shoot at a private range owned by the Crosse Creek Shooters Association in Grays Creek.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
West of Charlotte, East of Asheville.

I shoot at the Red Clay Range, (in my back yard.)Clothing optional.

bd

·
Registered
2 Posts
4. Durham for me, I usually shoot at PDHSC in Raleigh. Incidentally, they have a lot of XD's in stock as of last week. 2 Tac 40's. 1 Tac 9, plus various service models in all black, OD, and bi-tone. I have a friend who will be looking to shoot a Barrett 50 cal - anyone know of a range that allows this. I assume it will be outdoors - any thoughts?

Stevens

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Shooter Dan, what info can you give me about CC Wildlife Club. Where is it, what is their range setup, and cost.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
dbrownusarmy said:
Hey Shooter Dan, what info can you give me about CC Wildlife Club. Where is it, what is their range setup, and cost.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,
The CC Wildlife Club is located off of East Mountain Dr. just past the CC Arena on Mellwood Dr. There's a 25, 50, and a 100 yard range. Cost is $50 a year and a $5 deposit for the range key. The membership is limited to 200 members but when I asked in November, the secretary said that there were still some open memberships. The meetings are the first Thursday and the third Tuesday of each month at 7 PM. There's free food at the meetings. If you'd like to join, the next meeting is this Thursday, 6 January. Just showup at about 1830 at the club house on Mellwood Dr, and check in with the secretary in her office. I'd go to the next meeting but I work evenings. My off nights are Tuesday and Wednesday. It's a really good place to shoot.

Dan

·
Registered
580 Posts
live in cameron. work in new hill. haunt fayetteville from time to time. i like to shoot at guns plus, in spring lake.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Down around the town of Fuquay, or is it Varina?
XD40 Duty, Taurus PT145 Ruger GP100 4-inch, Ruger MK I, Taurus 9-shot revolver...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live in Raleigh and usually shoot at a friend's house in Creedmoor
or go with a friend who is a member of SSI, north of Creedmoor.

W

·
0 Posts
Raleigh here! Shoot at PDHSC. They still have a great selection of XD's in stock...9's, .40's in 4" service in black running $395.

Hey FourOGlock...which Pickletown? Mt. Olive or Faison? Originally from Goldsboro...home of Seymour Johnson AFB.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I just want to remind all the North Carolinians about GrassRoots North Carolina. It is one of the most respected and hardest working state gun groups in the nation. Here's the site:

http://www.grnc.org

Please check it out. If you can and want to join, it's $20 well spent and it is money fighting for your rights as a North Carolina gun owner. If you decide not to join please monitor the site for news and legislation regarding NC gunowners.

There is also a new group: NCgun.

http://www.ncgun.com whose purpose is "To provide information to NC residents on gun ownership, legal concealed carry, the Second Amendment, and any other issues affecting your right to keep and bear arms."

There is no cost to join.

NCgun also has a mailing list that is very informative and provides GRNC, GOA and NRA alerts.

Please consider getting involved with one or both of these groups to be informed about and help support our gun rights in the great state of North Carolina.

bd

(you'll notice I didn't call anybody "Tar Heels",... I start enough arguments around here as it is :wink: )

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
c22m22c said:
live in cameron. work in new hill. haunt fayetteville from time to time. i like to shoot at guns plus, in spring lake.
New guy here and waiting for the Harnett SO to get me my permit...aggghhhh......going to get my XD as soon as I get the papers. I have shot an XD and LOVE IT! Great weapon!

I live in the Cameron area too and I too visit Gunsplus along with Jims

Good to hear of locals on the forum!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts