Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LGS has an XD45 "on clearance" because they're (apparently) trying to get rid of their inventory of the non (m) XD pistols. I have owned an XD9. I liked it and had exactly zero trouble with it (but sold it to finance other projects). I'm looking to get a .45 cal. pistol right now that is not a 1911 or a Glock (personally, I don't like them - nothing wrong with them, just personal preference), and this seems to fit the bill.

So, my question is this, why not get the "regular" XD (and not the (m) version)?

And no, I don't mean "well, a Glock is better because..." I mean, are there any real consistent problems people have seen with this pistol (specifically in .45) that I need to be leery of.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not that I know of. I have the XD45 and have not any problems through about 4k rounds. I actually prefer the feel over the (m). It's all preference IMHO.

·
Registered
608 Posts
nothing wrong with the xd at all, i love my xd40. I'd say go for it, clearance price PLUS to extra gear promo!! sweeeet deal

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Go for it! I have three... XD45 Tactical, XD40SC, and XD9SC. Not a bad one in the bunch.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
The XDs are great guns, I can't recall reading of any problems, in fact I love shooting my XD SC and 4" service almost more than the newer (M) series.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
And I thought this thread was about pre-melonite XDs! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
So, my question is this, why not get the "regular" XD (and not the (m) version)?
Preaching to the choir here - I love my XD45 Tactical, bought it about 8 mos ago. I have put about 1000 rounds through it with out a hitch. I use it for local gun club competition shoots and do quit well. Additionally, I carry it concealed IWB anytime I leave the house. I would buy it again! :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a regular XD.45 and an XDm.45. I can't decide which one I like the best. Two friends have XD.45's. Not a single problem with any of them. Great pistols.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I believe the XDm corrected a few issues to include cracking the magazine tubes if you're using SWC style bullets, and not having to pull the trigger to field strip the pistol. They also have different backstraps to help make the pistols a better fit to a shooter's ergonomics and hand size. Aside from that, there's nothing that makes them a more suitable pistol than the non-m line of XDs.

I love my XD45 Compact. So much, in fact, that I may not "upgrade" to an XDm Compact if they ever made one in .45ACP.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I love my XD's...have a 45 Service and a 9mm Sub-Compact....I say go for it...

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
And I thought this thread was about pre-melonite XDs! :cool:
This might be your only issue, and if this is the case SA will take care of you. Only took about 2 weeks for mine to be refinished and I had them add some night sights.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I hope Springfield doesn't phase out the XD. I prefer it to the XDm. The accuracy differences are negligible and the super aggressive grip on the Xdm is a bit much. Plus (I might get flamed for saying this) in my experience, the XD has a better reliability history than the XDm. Not saying the Xdm is unreliable, just saying that if the XD is 99% reliable, the XDm is 95%. :cool:

·
Registered
29,603 Posts
I don't see the XDm offering much (in anything) in the way of improvements over the XD, particularly in .45.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I don't see the XDm offering much (in anything) in the way of improvements over the XD, particularly in .45.

ditto.

Ive got the XD .45ACP Compact. I cant see anything in the XDm lineup that justifies not going XD other than asthetics. Virtually same gun, just different package.

·
Premium Member
127,168 Posts

Once again...my thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I believe the XDm corrected a few issues to include cracking the magazine tubes if you're using SWC style bullets,.
What is a 'magazine tube', and where has it been raised as an XD 45 issue? New term to me.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
The problems with the (regular) XD in 45 was feeding/jamming issues. If you go to the XD45 subforum and do a search, you can find several therads that detail this quite well.

The (m) series fixed this problem.

Charlie Xray did a bunch of work, I did just a little, and there was one or two others that looked at, found, and offered fixes for the problem. They wouldn't fix it, but they figured out what the fix would be.

While I can't say that the XD45 would be problematic or jam-tastic pistol, there are some (like me & others) who have had problems with theirs. Seems to be the lucj of the draw with tolerances stacking up against themselves. SA may very well help solve the problem if it has the issue, but it had better be documented. (probably links to your threads here sent in an e-mail to them)

Good shopping.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
The problems with the (regular) XD in 45 was feeding/jamming issues. If you go to the XD45 subforum and do a search, you can find several therads that detail this quite well.

The (m) series fixed this problem.

Charlie Xray did a bunch of work, I did just a little, and there was one or two others that looked at, found, and offered fixes for the problem. They wouldn't fix it, but they figured out what the fix would be.

While I can't say that the XD45 would be problematic or jam-tastic pistol, there are some (like me & others) who have had problems with theirs. Seems to be the lucj of the draw with tolerances stacking up against themselves. SA may very well help solve the problem if it has the issue, but it had better be documented. (probably links to your threads here sent in an e-mail to them)

Good shopping.
Wasn't that a problem with wanting to shoot wadcutters ?

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Don't add 5.25 to that statement ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts