Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many wonderful aftermarket trigger upgrades and upgrade parts for the Glock pistols and there all drop in install and affordable. Why don't they make drop in parts for the XD? Why do they all involve irritating trial fitment? I don't see how a couple of springs and roughly unfitted machined part would cost so much.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Cause the XD is a single action pistol, the Glock is double action. There are tolerances with all pistols and with a single action like the XD you will have some final tuning. Why are there no drop in trigger jobs for the 1911 (there are, but in the small print may require final fitting) its been around for 100 years now. The Glock is a double action and can afford a certain amount of "slop" and still stay safe but improve the trigger. The XD has a certain sweet zone and each XD may or may not have a different zone.

As far as Trigger upgrades both Springer Precision and Powder River both have multiple options for you to try.

·
Registered
602 Posts
As far as Trigger upgrades both Springer Precision and Powder River both have multiple options for you to try.

The problem is that spending 25% (or more) of the purchase price of a complete XD just to upgrade the trigger is repulsive.

I like my XD45, but dislike the mushy trigger compared to my Glock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem is that spending 25% (or more) of the purchase price of a complete XD just to upgrade the trigger is repulsive.

I kinda have to agree. After spending around 30 bucks on trigger mods for my glock, my xd's trigger is no where near as good. I'm hoping the prp kit i ordered will change that though

·
Registered
806 Posts
There are a few simple things you can do to greatly enhance the XD trigger. I polish my sear/striker block on all of my XD's after the first trip to the range. You can also get some replacement springs from several different places. It changes the trigger on the XD's tremendously. As does shooting several hundred rounds thru them. Neither of those solutions compare to a well done trigger job though.

·
Registered
768 Posts

Guess it depends on who you ask. I also thought the trigger was a bit mushy. My XDM is at Springer Precission right now getting that taken care of. I paid 469.00 for my XDM .40 and am paying 360.00 for sights, trigger job and a factory clean up from Springer. I look at it like how some ppl will buy a car for 5000.00 and put 25% or more into making it what THEY want it to be. Some will spend the money and others will be happy with what they have.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
how is a glock DA? doesnt the glock disengage the stricker when the trigger is pulled just like the XD?
Yes it disengages the striker but only after fully cocking it. The glock is "half cocked", or is it "3/4 cocked" it's been a while. Pulling the trigger moves the striker back to full cock position then disengages it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are things you can do to improve the trigger on the XD/XDM free...if you are mechanically inclined or remotely competent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are so many wonderful aftermarket trigger upgrades and upgrade parts for the Glock pistols and there all drop in install and affordable. Why don't they make drop in parts for the XD? Why do they all involve irritating trial fitment? I don't see how a couple of springs and roughly unfitted machined part would cost so much.
Because they are production pistols, and not all pistols have the same tolerances when complete. It's a disclaimer, not necessarily hard fact that all parts will need fitted. If you are referring to trigger bars and sears costing so much, I don't find them that expensive for the machining required to manufacture them. Most sights cost the about the same as those parts, at least the Dawsons I have on my XD 9 Tac are not far from that price.

The cost of admission of an XD pistol is lower in the beginning than some other brands..so I don't find it out of line for an extra $100 or so to make it a better pistol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are things you can do to improve the trigger on the XD/XDM free...if you are mechanically inclined or remotely competent.
And they would be?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

Xdm is roughly 600 bucks. PRP bottom line kit is 90 bucks. That kit and some polishing of the striker and sear after truing up the edges will make it a ton better. It will be lighter at around 5 lb pull and very smooth and pretty crisp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts