Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The MI state police still score women and minority men different than white men at the academy.
They pass them with lower scores.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
The MI state police still score women and minority men different than white men at the academy.
They pass them with lower scores.
I have always wondered how the 350plus ones pass the physical requirements.

They must use a special donut scale instead of time etc.

I would take a well trained and fit lady over a fat boy with glaze on his fingers and a jelly stain on his uniform. All day any day. Ethnicity not withstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have always wondered how the 350plus ones pass the physical requirements.

They must use a special donut scale instead of time etc.

I would take a well trained and fit lady over a fat boy with glaze on his fingers and a jelly stain on his uniform. All day any day. Ethnicity not withstanding.

See I look at it differently.
They should have one standard set of tests and if you don't pass you pick a different career.

If the lower standard person has their gun snatched and then kills one of your family members, would the "fit vs fat" standard still apply?

If a female cop can't drag the fat cop behind cover after the fat one is shot, the family of the fat cop sues the city for hiring people that can't do the same tasks, and again you and I "the tax payer" are on the hook for the bill.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
See I look at it differently.
They should have one standard set of tests and if you don't pass you pick a different career.

If the lower standard person has their gun snatched and then kills one of your family members, would the "fit vs fat" standard still apply?

If a female cop can't drag the fat cop behind cover after the fat one is shot, the family of the fat cop sues the city for hiring people that can't do the same tasks, and again you and I "the tax payer" are on the hook for the bill.
I agree should be one standard reach it or move on. I can see some male/female difference allowances.

But pretty much should have one set of standards for fitness etc.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I agree should be one standard reach it or move on. I can see some male/female difference allowances.

^
This = .

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I don't necessarily think that women can't be good cops. If they are of slight stature or meek, they should have desk jobs. I feel the same way about men. There are enough jobs in LE to place people where they are likely to succeed. 5'6, 150 Lb man or woman should probably not be on the SWAT team busting open doors. If you happen to live in an area where the beat cops work in pairs, one man and one woman can be an effective team. As long as both cops can catch and take down a runner.

·
Registered
19,510 Posts
I don't necessarily think that women can't be good cops. If they are of slight stature or meek, they should have desk jobs. I feel the same way about men. There are enough jobs in LE to place people where they are likely to succeed. 5'6, 150 Lb man or woman should probably not be on the SWAT team busting open doors. If you happen to live in an area where the beat cops work in pairs, one man and one woman can be an effective team. As long as both cops can catch and take down a runner.
Doesn't matter how fast you are, there will always be someone faster, so I guess then we look at "fast enough to catch the average crook" I bet a majority of cops out there now aren't fast enough to catch the average crook, and of those that are, half of them would get demolished in a fight be the average crook.
I think the average 250lb donut munchers would be a better cop on the streets than the average 115lbs marathoner.

·
Registered
19,510 Posts

Sex shouldn't matter. If the requirement to do the job are X for a beat cop and Y for a ticket writer, those should be the requirements wether the wouldbe cop dimple or dangle.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Sex shouldn't matter. If the requirement to do the job are X for a beat cop and Y for a ticket writer, those should be the requirements wether the wouldbe cop dimple or dangle.
Silly

As much as they want equal rights male/female physical strength etc IS. NOT equal.

And they ALL go through same training academy prior to final assignment The US military has varying physical qauls for female vs male.

Your wife can power lift the same weight as you?

·
Registered
19,510 Posts
Silly

As much as they want equal rights male/female physical strength etc IS. NOT equal.

And they ALL go through same training academy prior to final assignment The US military has varying physical qauls for female vs male.

Your wife can power lift the same weight as you?

She can lift enough weight to ride my desk at my work.

If the job requires someone that can bench press 200 lbs, that is what matters. If the job only requires the strength to lift 100lbs, why do the genitals or desired genitals matter?

Some men are genetically unable to meet the male qualifications, but could meet the female qualifications. For both the female and the scrawny male, it is their genes holding them back from the male qualifications but enabling them to manage the female. If that is enough to do the job, why not let him do the job?

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
She can lift enough weight to ride my desk at my work.

If the job requires someone that can bench press 200 lbs, that is what matters. If the job only requires the strength to lift 100lbs, why do the genitals or desired genitals matter?

Some men are genetically unable to meet the male qualifications, but could meet the female qualifications. For both the female and the scrawny male, it is their genes holding them back from the male qualifications but enabling them to manage the female. If that is enough to do the job, why not let him do the job?
The basic training requirement do not know what final job the applicants will be assigned. My assessment is nothing beyond that.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Size isn’t everything these days. Some of these CrossFit chicks are pretty bad ass. And with everyone and their mother training in MMA.. You might talk your way into a wrestling match with a little pop tart that will choke you out.
Rare, but they are out there. The kind that has something to prove and will abuse
you if you run your mouth.
Same with guys. I know some high speed guys that aren’t big. Most aren’t.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Just like we shouldn't judge a person on the color of their skin but the content of their character, we should put officers in proper jobs within the department. If a female cop, armed with both lethal and nonlethal weapons, is willing and ABLE to subdue a BG, then I say go right ahead. A black female cop can command quite a bit of respect on a beat. 140lb Jenny from the suburbs should probably have an office job in the department. We need dispatchers just as much as we need people on the street. That being said, even a small woman can help diffuse some situations while the arresting officers do their job.

·
Registered
19,510 Posts
Size isn’t everything these days. Some of these CrossFit chicks are pretty bad ass. And with everyone and their mother training in MMA.. You might talk your way into a wrestling match with a little pop tart that will choke you out.
Rare, but they are out there. The kind that has something to prove and will abuse
you if you run your mouth.
Same with guys. I know some high speed guys that aren’t big. Most aren’t.
I remember going to a wrestling camp before I had much of a clue at all. I went against a Greco Roman Olympic medalist that was something like 160lbs. It was basically a draw. He got me down once and I got him down once. That was a clueless fat kid that had a weight and size advantage (and probably no arm strength advantage) against one of the most skilled people in the world in that form of combat.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts