Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I WENT TO THE RANGE YESTERDAY AND AFTER 100 ROUNDS MY TRIGGER FINGER FELT LIKE IT HAD BEEN CHEWED ON.NEVER NOTICED THIS UNTIL THE LAST TWO TRIPS . ANYBODY KNOW WHY? OVER TRAVEL?
RETURN SPRING WHORE OUT? I HAVE 1000-1500 ROUND 180 40CAL THREW MY SERVICE PLANNING ON GETTING DONS GUIDE ROD AND WOLF SPRING COMBO BUT IS THERE SOMTHING ELSE WRONG?
I DID A SEARCH SO I HOPE THIS ISN'T A OLD TOPIC

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the trigger safety. After a couple hundred rounds, the pad on my trigger finger gets a bit raw and sensitive too. I think it's because that safety still sticks out very slightly even when fully depressed. The pressure on the pad of your finger is not evenly distributed across the trigger face - it's concentrated a little more along that thin edge.

Not sure what to do about it though. :(

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
FunkyJunk said:
It's the trigger safety. After a couple hundred rounds, the pad on my trigger finger gets a bit raw and sensitive too. I think it's because that safety still sticks out very slightly even when fully depressed. The pressure on the pad of your finger is not evenly distributed across the trigger face - it's concentrated a little more along that thin edge.

Not sure what to do about it though. :(

smoothing this out is a $25 option throught he custom shop. NExt time my XD goes in, that will get done

·
Registered
380 Posts
check the edges of the trigger safety.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hmm, I never had a problem with this and I tend to put at least 300 rounds down range every time I take my XD-9 to the range. I find the trigger very comfortable. I maybe you are not applying pressure on the trigger evenly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check your finger position when firing. What I noticed when it happened to me is that my finger was low on the trigger almost along the trigger guard causing the bottom corner of the trigger safety to dig a hole.
I made a conscience effort to keep my finger at the center of the trigger until it became natural and that helped. I also noticed the grip changed slightly for the better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is as far as the trigger safety can be pressed on my XD9. (I removed the magazine and triple-checked the chamber before taking the pic, btw.) The pic may look like I'm not pushing it all the way in, but that is as far as it will go.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Oooh... so that's what bothers people!

Mine goes in just a liiiiiittle further than that... the bottom is flush.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey R/T performance!

I've had the same problem, and it was an easy fix. With the trigger fully depressed, and the safety lever in it's fire position, I leveled out the safety with the rest of the trigger. To get it flush to your trigger, use a round file or a dremel tool to get rid of the excess. The lever is a polymer so it doesn't take much to file it down even to the rest of the metal trigger. Go slowly and do a little at a time and check for comfort, and for function. For my XD40 Tactical, it made all the difference in the world in my performance. Good luck and take it slow.

gv2shooter

·
Registered
416 Posts
I find that it's the bottom of the trigger, not the safety, that bother's me most. I'd like it to be a bit straighter, i.e., no as much arc to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts