Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wants some highER capacity mags for my XD's, dangit! Why does Glock make factory 33 round mags for their 9mm and 22 rounders for the 40's but Springfield wont? How BORING! I know there are extensions out there that I can get, but I'll be paying out the @$$ for them!

I mainly want these because I planned on having an XD 9mm Service hidden and would have liked to have a couple 30+ round mags hidden with it as well. And some high-cap mags to put in the pouches on my emergency "Z Day" chest rig... I don't want to, but I may just have to pick up an old G19 since Springfield is making me sad!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Because guns aren't for children. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got my glock and I was thinking about getting a couple of the big mags myself. I'd like to have one to leave in each of my trucks. You never know when you might need it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I bought one of the Korean 30rd. mags from centerfiresystems.com just to use for range fun with my wife's g26. haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
get a couple of the promag 20 or 32 round magazines. They are not factory but thats whats available.
In your opinion, do they actually work, or are they a finicky range item ?

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Ive i have given promags a chance many times. I have not found one that works well. They are just junk.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
In your opinion, do they actually work, or are they a finicky range item ?
Yes and No, most XD`s will feed from all kinds of magazines. If you have a finiky XD to begin with you are just asking for pain. If you have a good XD that eats everything then yes the Promags can work great. No These are no combat devices and if you drop or throw them they can bend which decreases reliability. So they are a magazine to baby and have fun with at the range. For 20-30 bucks in my opinion if you want super high capacity fun and you have a good XD it is worth the gamble.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Because guns aren't for children. :rolleyes:
i love my 40 round mags in my AK's. does that makes me childish?

i'd buy a "high cap" mag for my XD's. it would just be for plinking but id be happy with it either way.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I never had any issues with the factory mags. I use mine on my Sub 2000 and Glock 34.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pick up the G19 and the mags for reliability
Yeah, as much as I hate too, I think that's my only option (I can't stand the grip angle of a Glock). I am not going to waste time with Promags for my XD's because they are so flimsy. Now I just need to find a G19 for CHEEEEEAP!

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Yes and No, most XD`s will feed from all kinds of magazines. If you have a finiky XD to begin with you are just asking for pain. If you have a good XD that eats everything then yes the Promags can work great. No These are no combat devices and if you drop or throw them they can bend which decreases reliability. So they are a magazine to baby and have fun with at the range. For 20-30 bucks in my opinion if you want super high capacity fun and you have a good XD it is worth the gamble.
I guess if I see one on a shelf toward the $20 side, I might grab one to check it out.
I've never had a problem with 10 or 16 round mags thus far, but I don't treat them rough, either ... No competition drops and such.

Thanks !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts