Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new XDM 9mm owner, and while loading bullets in the mags last night before I went to the shooting range, I noticed that the mag loader had a little button on it that allowed it to clip onto a track fitting. I'm not talking about any feature related to it loading the ammo - when I asked my husband about it, he tried putting underneath the end of the gun barrel, and it fit! It does look like it was made to do this. Why would you ever use that feature?:confused:

To readers: I was told it was made to fit the mag holder, and it fits perfectly!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am a new XDM 9mm owner, and while loading bullets in the mags last night before I went to the shooting range, I noticed that the mag loader had a little button on it that allowed it to clip onto a track fitting. I'm not talking about any feature related to it loading the ammo - when I asked my husband about it, he tried putting underneath the end of the gun barrel, and it fit! It does look like it was made to do this. Why would you ever use that feature?:confused:
Great question!! I have no idea why you would use it. The loader also fits on the holster that came in the box. Pretty useless if you ask me. See the thread regarding this in "XDM question for a newbie".

·
Registered
196 Posts
You wouldnt put it there. The picatinny rail is for lights etc. You can clip your mag loader on your mag holder, or holster. I recomend getting use to loading without the help of the loader.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You wouldnt put it there. The picatinny rail is for lights etc. You can clip your mag loader on your mag holder, or holster. I recomend getting use to loading without the help of the loader.
Very true. OR get the uplula universal loader. That thing is great and, I believe, works for all calibers.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
The button is to release it after it been mounted to the rail on your mag holster..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Best advice is throw the mag loader in the trash and get an Uplula. You'll never regret it. It can load multi calibers, about 15 rounds in 20-30 seconds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Put the mag loader on the rail of your XDm,And you can stand your gun up on it. Makes a great looking paper weight!!:D

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Very true. OR get the uplula universal loader. That thing is great and, I believe, works for all calibers.
+1 on the Uplula. Just got one since I use 4 different calibers. They're kind of expensive for a mag loader ($29) but they work great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I keep hearing people say that the load assist can be mounted on the mag holder and the holster but I can't find any way to mount it on my holster. The mag holder has two mounting points but I just don't see any on the holster. I've got the XDM .40 btw.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I keep hearing people say that the load assist can be mounted on the mag holder and the holster but I can't find any way to mount it on my holster. The mag holder has two mounting points but I just don't see any on the holster. I've got the XDM .40 btw.
I think I was one who goofed on that. There is no rail on the holster itself for the mag loader. The only place it should go is on the mag pouch. It will fit on the rails under the bbl but those rails are for lights and lazers and other goodies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking to purchase a XD-M in New Jersey. The maximum mag is 15 rounds. Does anyone make a 15 round mag for this pistol? can it be special ordered?

·
Registered
84 Posts
My XDM-9 3.8 Holster doesn't have the Rail on it, but my XD-SC Holster does. The Loader will fit both my XDM/XD Mag Pouches, and the Loader will also fit the Rail on the sides of my XDM Case. Weird!

I have an UpLula for my 9mm's, and a Baby UpLula for my wife's .22 Marlin 795 rifle, and my Ruger LCP 380. FANTASTIC Invention!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am looking to purchase a XD-M in New Jersey. The maximum mag is 15 rounds. Does anyone make a 15 round mag for this pistol? can it be special ordered?
Which model are you looking at buying? New or Used? All I can find on Springfield's website for XD's/XDM's are, 9-rnd, 10-rnd, 12-rnd, 13-rnd, 16-rnd, and 19-rnd Mags. Specific ones for the XDM are 13-rnd, 16-rnd, and 19-rnd.

Here's their list of Mags:

Magazines : Springfield Armory Store

I can't even find one on Pistol Gear's site.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
267 Posts
also the side of the XD hard case has the picatinny rails all the way down each side...i think its so you can just attach it on there while at the range or whatever so you can have it ready...i wouldnt attach it to my holster or the picatinny rail on the bottom of the gun...i think its just for aesthetics and not meant to be used for anything other than mounting purposes...also you can attach your lights or laser to the side of the gun case when your not using it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts