Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my XD 9mm sc for a little over a month now and have put close to 800 round through it. I have been trying a lot of different brands of ammo from cheap to not so cheap and all different kinds ( fmj,jhp......) and grain wights. It shoots like a champ but have come to find out that any time i shoot Winchester ammo my gun will fail to eject the casing a good 7-12 time per box. Has anyone else had this kind of problem with one kind of ammo?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My XDSC9 eats everything. I have never had and issue with $$$ or $ ammo. When was the last time you cleaned it? I'd start there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My XDSC9 eats everything. I have never had and issue with $$$ or $ ammo. When was the last time you cleaned it? I'd start there.
I clean it after every trip to the range. I shoot 3 or 4 different brands per trip and its always the Winchester for some reason.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Mine eat Winchester white box ammo fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If all other ammo feeds I would just stay clear of the Winchester. Other than that you could spend some $$$ and have SA take a look at it. They have real good CS.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have had two XDsc's (sold black used one and kept Bi-tone). Both have shot everything I have put through them without any malfunctions. I think if you bought more Winchester ammo from a different lot than the ones you have, the ammo would probably work. This is cheap ammo and not all batches are up to snuff.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
You may want to consider contacting SA CS. I think that your pistol has an issue somewhere.
My XDsc digest everything. Hundreds of rounds feed through mine, and not 1 FT anything! My range ammo is either Winchester 165gr. white box, or the cheap Tule 180gr. My SD ammo is Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 165gr. ZERO issues.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Although I no longer have my XD9SC due to some feeding issues, I shot probably 400 rounds of WWB though it with no problems.

·
Premium Member
127,154 Posts
I don't know. Mine eats it like candy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts