Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me figure this out! I was cleaning the gone the other day and I swa that the ring in the middle hold both springs together was kinda chipped around the edge. could this be from to just shooting or to much oil making it apporate harder id, I have no clue someone help please

·
Registered
414 Posts
Got a pic?
The XDS recoil assemblies show alot of wear fast.
Probably nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
17,766 Posts
Rewriting your question without misspellings and with proper punctuation could help better determine what you are really asking.

But if I were to guess... I'd say the recoil spring assembly bends slightly in the middle during full compression (when the slide is back) and therefore rubs on the slide or the frame more than the ends. Make sense?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am not sure this helps you, on one of my XDS 45 that has over 1000 rounds on it, the flange that is between the large spring and the small is a little rough no chips, of the two NEW (still in the bag) recoil assembly, one has that edge a little rough although the paint is not marred, the other is smooth. A picture would help to understand what you are asking. A wild guess---everything is fine. If it looks to you that it might "give-up the ghost" order a new on from PISTOL GEAR or some other place.

Reactions: ZanderMan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts