Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i the removed magazine on my CA approved XD9. I left round in the chamber and pulled the trigger with it pointed in safe direction. The gun fired just as if the mag was in it. The gun was new when I bought it, and it is supposed to have a magazine safety. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
None of the XD's have ever had a magazine disconnect. Just because it is California approved does not automatically mean a disconnect. A disconnect is not required for sale in Cali. I recomend that you read the manual.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Hey, you know it goes *BANG* when you need it. What'd you shoot?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Did this happen inside or outside your home.you may want to check out.please see use&training/the class room,u-see what i mean

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Because it's supposed to happen that way ... Did you get arrested by the California Nazi's ... Err, LEO's, for discharging a firearm ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All pistols sold in Ca after 1/1/2007 are required to have a mag disconnect installed. This gun was purchased in Ca from a gun store, in Dec. of 2010. according to Ca law it has a mag disconnect. So, I still do not know why this happened. Taking it into the gunsmith for a check Monday.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmmmm...glad I don't live in Cali.

So.. are you saying you want it not to fire, if for whatever reason, the mag. get's dropped?

I don't get it.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
All pistols sold in Ca after 1/1/2007 are required to have a mag disconnect installed. This gun was purchased in Ca from a gun store, in Dec. of 2010. according to Ca law it has a mag disconnect. So, I still do not know why this happened. Taking it into the gunsmith for a check Monday.
If that's the law,
The only answer you'll get is ... You got lucky.

Or, you could make a big stink about it, and watch SA pull it's stock out of that god forsaken State ... Because it doesn't meet current restrictions.

You should have bought a slingshot :p ... But the paperwork is the same, so I guess it doesn't matter ;)

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Haters :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think the Mag disconnect is a good safety feature. I actually have my trigger disconnected so even when I pull the trigger the gun will not go off. Can never be too safe!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
i the removed magazine on my CA approved XD9. I left round in the chamber and pulled the trigger with it pointed in safe direction. The gun fired just as if the mag was in it. The gun was new when I bought it, and it is supposed to have a magazine safety. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Why? duh... you pulled the trigger. RTM-- Read The Manual.

The Xd was on "the list" before the "and magazine disconnect" was required.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts
Why? duh... you pulled the trigger. RTM-- Read The Manual.

The Xd was on "the list" before the "and magazine disconnect" was required.
Actually, I'd modify that to "RTFM".;)

The OP's XD does not have a mag disconnect. If the OP was smart enough to actually look into how it works, all new pistols added to CA "list" after 1/1/07 are required to have it, but if the pistol was on the list beofer, it doesn't.

Perhaps the OP isn't smart enough to own a firearm.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Actually, I'd modify that to "RTFM".;)

The OP's XD does not have a mag disconnect. If the OP was smart enough to actually look into how it works, all new pistols added to CA "list" after 1/1/07 are required to have it, but if the pistol was on the list beofer, it doesn't.

Perhaps the OP isn't smart enough to own a firearm.
agreed who drops a mag and purposely doest rack the slide to clear the gun and then points in a pulls the trigger thinking it wont fire?

Granted he did do it in a safe direction, and I will assume @ the range, but using a live round as opposed to a snap cap or empty chamber, would have been better and proved the same results

1 - 20 of 65 Posts