Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as many of you know Arizona is a very gun friendly state. So naturally we have quite a few manufacturers. I've visited and purchased from GG&G in the past, but I feel stupid. I never realized a company I am a big fan of was based 10 minutes away from my home. VLTOR! I'm a big fan of their work, Scar stocks, rail systems, and colab work on my favorite charging handle with BCM.
I'm thinking a tour is in order!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I have a VLTOR forend on my FAL.

Expensive as crap, but are well built and nice anyway.

Just to go on the record, I did NOT pay MSRP for it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the looks of it they are right up the road from Tango Down. Might as well make a day of it. CASV for the FAL? Pretty sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Must be nice....;)

·
Administrator
22,444 Posts
You all should come to AZ, the sky is clear and the weather is warm!

Reactions: azfist

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.

Love my Fal.
I've considered getting into them. I've read some great things about them. Million pound triggers, but an absolute hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
From the looks of it they are right up the road from Tango Down. Might as well make a day of it. CASV for the FAL? Pretty sweet!
I didn't know that either.....

To get entrance into our great state you must deport one liberal prior to permanent residence. lol

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
This is precisely why I had to leave. My beloved AZ that I drifted through on my way back to MO (feh) from 29 Palms in the 80s has been taken over by east coast libs and Californians. I sold my shack at the top of the bubble and split....still miss it every day tho.

Are Robar and Dillon Precision still there? (PHX and Scottsdale, respectively)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is precisely why I had to leave. My beloved AZ that I drifted through on my way back to MO (feh) from 29 Palms in the 80s has been taken over by east coast libs and Californians. I sold my shack at the top of the bubble and split....still miss it every day tho.

Are Robar and Dillon Precision still there? (PHX and Scottsdale, respectively)
I'm not sure about Robar, but I know Dillon still calls us home. I wouldn't mind taking a tour there.

Reactions: Jonnyuma

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My beloved AZ that I drifted through on my way back to MO (feh) from 29 Palms in the 80s has been taken over by east coast libs and Californians.
Arizona taken over east coasters and Californians? :confused:

Given we have our share of Californians that have made the move we are still IMO pretty easily in the top 5 on the list of conservative states.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Given we have our share of Californians that have made the move we are still IMO pretty easily in the top 5 on the list of conservative states.
Last two years in a row voted most gun friendly state in the country. You can't get that award and still be too liberal ;)

·
Registered
9,903 Posts

That's true, and I'd still rather be there than here. Ev Mecham was the guv and nobody had ever even heard of Sheriff Joe when I moved there. Maybe "taken over" was a little bit hyperbolic and taken from my own experiences, not an entirely objective conclusion.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's true, and I'd still rather be there than here. Ev Mecham was the guv and nobody had ever even heard of Sheriff Joe when I moved there. Maybe "taken over" was a little bit hyperbolic and taken from my own experiences, not an entirely objective conclusion.
I'm a big fan of the sheriff. I lived in Maricopa for college and loved his philosophy on prison. Tent city was a great idea! "If our troops can live in tents, so can our inmates!" Genius

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
A Tucsonian that went to college in Phoenix? Will your kin even talk to you anymore? :lol:

My in-laws are from Tucson. A bunch of us put in for the same elk hunt this year and me and few of my FIL's buddies got tags. My dad showed up to camp with a ASU shirt on. They were less than impressed. :grin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts