Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They cant replace the rifle or the pistol, and any time or money spent on the first 2 cant be spent on the far more useful second 2. The smg and shotgun are so limited in scope that they are a waste of time. They cant be concealed or used one handed like a pistol can, cant be crawled with or used in really tight quarters like a pistol can, and they lack the AP performance, range, mag capacity, 22 unit, silenced capability, etc of the rifle. So they are mostly just a joke.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Short barreled shotguns are outstanding home defense weapons. Meant for point shooting. Loud as hell. Will rip a man in half at close range (ok not quite but it will look like it did). Who needs JHP when you got an oz. of no.4. Not to mention that they are less likely to travel through walls and hit unintended targets. If you run out of ammo they make great clubs. They definately have there place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi "BEGOOD" !!! Let's just say: I DISAGREE WITH YOUR POSTING (based on personal experience with all the "weapons" mentioned)!!! I'd go with a 12 gauge shotgun as my FIRST (and if need be ONLY) choice !!! SECOND choice would be a TIE (between a handgun [of some type] and a rifle/carbine)!!! The LAST thing I'd pick is a full-auto ANYTHING (unless it has a semi-auto AND a 3 round "burst" mode)!!! I'm curious about something though...WHAT PROMPTED YOUR POSTING ??? -Brian-

·
Registered
14 Posts
For our newest members "begood" was the only person to my knowledge who was banned from this board.

It was not something that happened with just a few posts. The more some members tried to have meaningful exhanges with him the more things went down hill. That's just my observations so any other members who have been here longer please feel free to correct me.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
"DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS" :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts