Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im always seeing posts where people pay almost $100.00 cheaper for their xd's than i can find where i live. Is there a reason for this?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welfare bums and lawyers need their cut.Thats the only
reason I could come up with.Its the same for most fire
arms here in calinogunistan.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Its the local guns stores....they can charge that much if they want to. California compliant xd`s cost the same as non clonplaint xds.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Maybe it's some type of sin tax that they put on guns there, like the ones on tobacco and alcohol... :wink:

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Why would my house be selling for 100-200 grand more if it was located in CA? Everything is expensive in that state...I honestly don't know how you all afford to live there.

How about buying an XD in Nevada or Arizona and bringing it back into CA? Is there a law in CA against that? (probably so) Sounds like a good option.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whenever I hear folks saying they spend $500 on their XD, I can't figure out why. My local store here in Portland sells the XD for $419 (w/ 2 mags) or $439 (w/ 3 mags & holster). Also, no sales tax in Oregon and no waiting period.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its not just XDs I've bought 4 guns in the last 6 months

Glock G17 $605
XD 3" 9 $539
XD 4" 9 $495
XD 5" 9 $542

It does seem that they run around $100 more than everywhere else But than again a 1500 square foot house costs $700000 here

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Cali and have bought my last few guns online, from out of state. Then I have them shipped to a local FFL that gives me a good deal.

So sales tax, better price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn shipping in sounds a little sketchy. I kind of want to hold something before i drop 500 bucks on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn i need to move to oregon! Cheaper and no waiting period thats tight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whats the deal with california's firearms testing for certification of sale? The firearm manufacturer needs to submit three of each variation of gun they plan on selling. Calibur, Barrel Length, etc etc etc...

...and then whatever other additional taxes and costs the great state of California see's to heap upon us.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Jon said:
Whats the deal with california's firearms testing for certification of sale? The firearm manufacturer needs to submit three of each variation of gun they plan on selling. Calibur, Barrel Length, etc etc etc...

...and then whatever other additional taxes and costs the great state of California see's to heap upon us.
How ironic is it that none of the labs are even in ©aliban?
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/fsdlabcert.htm

·
Registered
657 Posts
RangeRat said:
Its not just XDs I've bought 4 guns in the last 6 months

Glock G17 $605
XD 3" 9 $539
XD 4" 9 $495
XD 5" 9 $542

It does seem that they run around $100 more than everywhere else But than again a 1500 square foot house costs $700000 here
HAHA THAT SUX!

i paid 115K for my house its 1,900 sq ft and i have 2 acers of land

1 - 18 of 18 Posts