Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why aren't there some threads under "political" such as "funny political pics", or "political jokes", or some such??

And why do I see all the political discussions over in the XD Chatter Box, or did that rule just get forgotten/discarded?

I'd like to start some threads in the political category, but not if mods will delete my threads/posts.

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One additional note: I believe that RKBA News & Info should be kept separate from purely political posts other than..

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
IIRC, you have to opt in to even see the Political forum. Maybe some people posting in Chatterbox don't know that. Or, maybe, with Rusty gone, there just isn't anyone willing to post provocative memes and links from RESISTANCE!! -type websites.

There's still plenty of political malpractice to discuss, but most people come here to discuss guns and, tangentially, RKBA issues when the pop up. Fact is, the main recreational antagonist (aka: troll) is absent.

ETA: When I log-in I always just hit the New Posts button and read stuff that catches my attention. I rarely even notice which forum it was posted in. As such, I may have completely missed your point, thereby rendering this Sunday morning word-salad post worthless... I can live w that.

Reactions: MinutemanPatriot

·
Premium Member
15,535 Posts
IIRC, you have to opt in to even see the Political forum. Maybe some people posting in Chatterbox don't know that. Or, maybe, with Rusty gone, there just isn't anyone willing to post provocative memes and links from RESISTANCE!! -type websites.

There's still plenty of political malpractice to discuss, but most people come here to discuss guns and, tangentially, RKBA issues when the pop up. Fact is, the main recreational antagonist (aka: troll) is absent.

ETA: When I log-in I always just hit the New Posts button and read stuff that catches my attention. I rarely even notice which forum it was posted in. As such, I may have completely missed your point, thereby rendering this Sunday morning word-salad post worthless... I can live w that.
That's pretty much it... But really, that's moderation. Political threads need to stay in forum for it. Chatterbox should be chatter. Which is why you opt in when you don't want to BS political threads. Then when said BS threads are allowed everywhere, what's the point?

Biggest reason there isn't as much political discussion in political forum... Traffic is WAY down and this site is a shell of what it used to be. A few of us stick around because... Most have moved on.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
First the moderation of this forum is nearly non existent.

Once kermee (the founder) sold it to the holster guy it started the downhill course, multiple owners later it is what you see now.
Ask yourself how many gun forums have liberals and bikini picture posters as the top posters.
The owners care about money and clicks fill their bank accounts.

Most discussions even close to political will have one of the liberals in the first 5 posts telling you how wrong you are, and the threads go south from there.

The site is good to kill 20 minutes a couple times a day if you are bored, do not expect any serious information.

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad to hear, but I don't doubt for one minute it's true. I got into an argument with one of the aforementioned liberals and was suspended for a week. Didn't know he was a mod.

I like Springfield firearms, so I had rather hoped for a more promising fare from the regulars, thinking that it would be good.

·
Premium Member
15,535 Posts
Sad to hear, but I don't doubt for one minute it's true. I got into an argument with one of the aforementioned liberals and was suspended for a week. Didn't know he was a mod.

I like Springfield firearms, so I had rather hoped for a more promising fare from the regulars, thinking that it would be good.
Well I not a mod nor a liberal and didn't have a darn thing to do with you getting a time out. That was all you sport.

Part of the problem with the PV is nobody can have a decent conversation these days. Not anymore cause people are not even in it. But ya, everyone is a liberal Fudd if they don't agree with the most extreme abrasive among us. So mainly, people just got tired of it. But if this site was more active, we would have more activity... And of course more jerks and endless bickering like the good old days. Sometimes I was the jerk bickering. But these days it's pretty dead around here. Good thing is the most abrasive extremists don't last long either.

·
Registered
18,631 Posts
I've never heard a more appropriate, concise, and perfect description of someone.
Johnny has a way with words. Except when he’s posting “freakin snappy” in any context.

·
Administrator
245 Posts
Report the posts using the Report button and the mod team will look into it. We will need a detailed description when reporting a post to ensure everyone is on the same page to why it was reported.

- JB

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Johnny has a way with words. Except when he’s posting “freakin snappy” in any context.
Well... that was a little freakin' snappy.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!!!!!!!
I'm using ALL the exclamation marks so there won't be any left for the rest of you!!!! I'm also double-dipping the ranch dressing and touching ALL the cookies!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Well... that was a little freakin' snappy.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!!!!!!!
I'm using ALL the exclamation marks so there won't be any left for the rest of you!!!! I'm also double-dipping the ranch dressing and touching ALL the cookies!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but I’m the only one who gets to pee in the koolaid.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Report the posts using the Report button and the mod team will look into it. We will need a detailed description when reporting a post to ensure everyone is on the same page to why it was reported.

- JB
I'm not necessarily looking to get threads removed, I'm looking to get more sections in the Political Discussions category; there appears to be no way to start a new section/thread in the category without the section being added first. I'm not a mod, so I am unable to do what needs done. Purely political discussions should be kept separate from the RKBA info, IMHO.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Political discussion here LOL

Gun discussions here LOL

Want half dressed women this is your place.

Need a site for BS and scantly clad women. Found it.

Need site to be berated by internet gurus and experts in all aspects of life. Found it.

Anything else pretty much keep on looking.

I come here for the entertainment value. Lots of it here I tell ya.

Any honest opinions or real information look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Actually, there is a nice topic at nfatalk.com called "Mongo's thread of undress" that is much shorter than the scantily clad ladies of xdtalk, but shows a lot more skin.

Or, so a friend told me.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Want half dressed women this is your place.
Need a site for... scantly clad women. Found it.
Aren't those kinda the same thing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts