Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like whenever I am looking for a good kydex holster for one of my guns the only style many companies carry are the paddle holsters. THis is true on misc websites and very true on Ebay! The one time I did purchase a paddle holster it was the hardest thing I have ever tried to conceal. I hate all paddle holsters with a passion.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Blade-Tech also.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
"Paddle" just refers to how it connects to your belt/waist... doesn't it?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what paddle holsters are I just don't know why that seem to be the top selling holster??? If it isn't the top selling holsters why are there so many of them on ebay and misc other sites?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, to my knowledge, you have two basic options... one with belt loops... and paddle. Paddle holsters work with or without a belt, and can be taken off or adjusted without removing the belt. That's certainly why I opted for it.

The design of the holster itself doesn't much allow for concealed carry, but neither does the belt version, because all that changes is how it attaches to me.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
A lot of folks prefer the paddle due to its ease of on/off. I have a paddle for each pistol/revolver I shoot in competition, and belt slide and IWBs for them also. I'll wear the paddles if I'm shooting two guns in different divisions in a match and have to switch gear on each stage.
I'm not sure what the top selling holster style is, but I'm sure the paddle is close.
Most of the holster makers offer the paddle and belt slide version of their holsters.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Nah, it's just the cheaper kydex holsters that are mostly paddle.

Over $50 and you have all kinds of wild options. :lol:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
BladeTech uses a proprietary attachement called Tek-Loc. It allows the sturdy attachment of a belt slide holster with the easy on and off of a paddle. All you have to do is squeeze the top and the attachment pops open for easy removal (you can also put in the perma-clip, provided for you, to make attachment unremovable) In addition they have adjustable tension screws that allow you to adjust how much effort it will take to draw your gun They are much better then anything Fobus will ever come up with. Compared to BladeTech, Fobus is a rusted out jalope vs a brand new BMW Z4. Costs more but is worth it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
as far as paddel holsters for concelment there not bad depending on your size and style of clothing i own a paddle holster for my ruger p89 and i cant conceal it worth a crap but my buddy whos 6 foot 3 and 289 pounds can conceal it pretty decent but as far as a good kydex holster go try blade tech or cen dex even fist but my opnion is blade tech i order the small of the back holster for my xd 40 as soon as i get it ill post how good it is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts