1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
I think think it was c22m22c, not certain though. That was the pic that inspired me to get a red dot on mine.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty easy... the mount is secured like any tactical light on the rail on the front of the weapon. pop the botton and it slides off.

Before anyone wonders, I am asking for someone else. My XD is a dedicated CC weapon.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
isn't that Tec's set up?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Sorry guys, not mine, I don't have a light, grips or extender, just the mount and red dot.

I think I am going to go carress mine now, maybe rub some oil into it.

good night all.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tec, you'll do fine! Thats the Glock mount right? For teh Glock, does it come with a longer pin to secure the back part to teh glock? i was wondering if maybe a machine shop could make a pin to make it work with the XD.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
tec, you'll do fine! Thats the Glock mount right? For teh Glock, does it come with a longer pin to secure the back part to teh glock? i was wondering if maybe a machine shop could make a pin to make it work with the XD.

Sorry about getting back to you so late, I must of had a brain fart and forgot........ forgot about something.

Anywho,

The hole on the glock scope mount does not line up with the hole on the XD. Which, you really don't need it because it is a TIGHT fit to get the mount onto the XD, And once on it is very tight. With some shaving of the mount, you could probably get the mount to slide back further onto the XD.

This is primarily a range gun for me. I don't have a holster to fit it ALL. The mount can be removed, once you learn how, in about 5 seconds.

The red dot on the mount holds it POA/POI very well, even with repeatedly taking it on and off of the gun.

Being I have the ported model, the red dot glass does get a little fogged up after a lot of shooting, but thats no big.

Hope that answers the questions and then some.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
In response to the numerous pm's / emails about this set up, here are some details.

The mount was purchased off of Ebay some months back. Here is a link to a similar site selling what looks to be the exact same mount, but from a different vendor : http://cgi.ebay.com/TDI-SCOPE-MOUNT...ryZ52513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The scope is just a Tasco RedDot bought at gander mountain.

To fit the mount onto the pistol will require a few modifications that will take a few minutes.

You will need a wood file to file down or thinner the underside of the scope mount area. When you try to fit the mount onto the pistol you will easily see what I am meaning here. The mount will hit the top of the gun slide. Just file off some of the scope mount, we are only talking about maybe 1/16 of an inch here. This takes just a few minutes to file and try file and try again.

When it does fit on you will need to spread the mounts rearward portion trigger pin area so it goes over the guns take down lever.

Your done. Thats it.

To remove, you will need to reverse the process, obviously. Just remember to use your muscles and have no fear. Do with with an unloaded gun also.

My mount does not need to have the trigger pin installed but it is possible to have it done, you would just need to file a another 1/16 to 1/8 inch off of the back side of the scope rail, there is plenty of it there and it will not harm the durability of the mount. The mount is very tight on the gun without having the trigger pin secured.

Hopefully this answers everyones questions, if not ask away.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
much appreciated. I was actually asking for osmeone else and I hope they got a chance to check this thread out.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
much appreciated. I was actually asking for osmeone else and I hope they got a chance to check this thread out.

No problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts