Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Mod 2 has been out for a little bit and people have actually had chances to see/hold/shoot them,just wondering what you're thinking...I've noticed most of the reviews here are good...Congrats to all here who have snagged one and love them...They are a sweet looking gun..I've shot one and while I think they are a good shooting gun,I'm still kind of on the fence right now...I understand the new grip,sights,and slide...Aside from this it still feels pretty much the same to me as the original XDSC...It still feels a bit thick and bulky ...I was a bit surprised at how big the gun actually is or feels to me... I currently carry an XDS 45 and I own a XD 45c as well...The thickness of the Mod 2 doesn't seem any different to me than my XD 45c..I'm looking to get a new Sringfield 9mm and I'm really interested in these...I'm going back today to rent it and put some more rounds through it..Just don't know if it's for me yet...Just interested in everyone's thought on these so far positive or negative...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the idea of selling a pistol with a superior grip surface has merit. With that being said, the Talon or PRP grips do a much better job than the factory grip on the Mod 2. The Mod 2 looks like it would make a great carry piece, but I wouldn't be motivated to buy it because of its superior grip. I'll go with the grip tape every time.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
It's not magic or revolutionary, just an improved version of the XDsc. If you have the sub-compact XD and like it, then there isn't a compelling reason to switch as the innards are the same. I was in the market for a small high capacity carry piece when the Mod.2 and Px4 Storm came along.

I rotate between a few slim single-stack 9mm carry pistols. But lately, in certain situations, having extra rounds available is becoming desirable. The Mod.2 is a tad smaller and easier to conceal than the compact Beretta Px4. The Storm was converted to a type G with low profile decocker levers and it may get some carry time for the additional two rounds it holds over the Mod.2--
especially when cold weather clothing hides everything.

There is no perfect sidearm, you have to find one (or two) that meets most of your needs.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I was able to hold one at the gun show here yesterday along with the original in a side-by-side comparison. It felt somewhat different than the original, not remarkably so, but different. The original and the mod.2 both feel/felt good in my hand. Cosmetically, to me, the mod.2's look better. A little more refined, modern. I like the sights better too. If I didn't already own the originals, I would purchase either/both of these guns (9mm, .40) without hesitation, as I'm quite certain they would shoot just as well and be just as accurate.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
to me the mod 2 trigger feels more like the XDM trigger than the old XD trigger did. Only having had the XDM and an XDS, my memory is based on my visits to the LGS and brief range time with the XD. I have not yet shot the mod 2, just dry fire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts