Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just looking for some bulk .40 S&W ammo for plinking....who's got the best prices on the stuff?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Walmart has bulk Winchester White Box .40S&W at pretty reasonable cost (if it's in stock). It's been awhile since I had to buy any, but it seems to me it was about $15/100.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The only S&M ammo I've seen are sting ball shot shells.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
Walmart has bulk Winchester White Box .40S&W at pretty reasonable cost (if it's in stock). It's been awhile since I had to buy any, but it seems to me it was about $15/100.
That's how much I get for at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just picked up 6 WWB 100 rd value packs at Walmart, 165gr FMJ for $8.47 each...

Must have been mismarked, I cleaned them out... :D

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Schrambo said:
I just picked up 6 WWB 100 rd value packs at Walmart, 165gr FMJ for $8.47 each...

Must have been mismarked, I cleaned them out... :D
That's the same price I paid for the WWB 50rd box at Walmart 2 weeks ago. Sounds like they were marked as such, lucky bastard. Walmart is a great source for cheap ammo. Every small town I go through I stop at the local walmart and look for their red tagged ammo. I've found $20 boxes of 30.06 marked down to as low as $4 that way. Have to love Walmart. :D

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You have to watch some online and catalogue places...theri shipping charges can kill any gains made in cheaply priced ammo. Sportsmans Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt and Cabelas all come to mind. Their shipping charges are chokers and usually the reason I never order from them.

I like Wal Mart too for all that 100rd Value Pack stuff. I buy it in 9mm, 40 and 45. Shoots pretty well and is not as filthy as Wolf or Blazers.

Yes, Wal Mart does miss amrk its ammo some times. Once, they had 16 gauge shotgun shells marked at 3.25 a box (these usually run well over 6 bucks a box). I cleaned them out of every 16 gauge box they had and have not bought 16 gauge bird loads in years!

The Browning Sweet 16 and Winchester Model 12 16 gauges see alot more use, now that cheap 16 gauge ammo is in great supply at my place!

-brickboy240

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cabelas wasnt too pricey on shipping. I paid $9.95 but that was with 4 bore snakes, oil wipes, 300 rounds .40 S&W with dry bax and a heavy target system made of metal.. So $10 wasnt bad at all.. But yes some online stores can get pricey with shipping... Walmart is always good bought 100 round WWB for around $12 and also bough 50 rounds Winchester hollow points for arounf $7

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
jkswiss said:
http://www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php?cPath=65_1_16&sort=2a&page=3&osCsid=fa3ba957f6a890fc28cdfdde2c3a1c4f

• They got some pretty good prices there. Even with shipping, I think they beat out ammoman.com. Shippings alot cheaper if you live on the west coast. 1000 rounds for 115 bucks..Thats not too bad.
    1000 rounds of 9mm for 85 bucks..Thats what I go to the range with. If you guys find better prices please post them!!
one-eyed-fatman, myself and a few others of us who live in the south and are fortunate enough to have an Academy Sports and Outdoors store close by pay less but just barely. $78 for 1000.

brad cook

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
jkswiss said:
http://www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php?cPath=65_1_16&sort=2a&page=3&osCsid=fa3ba957f6a890fc28cdfdde2c3a1c4f

• They got some pretty good prices there. Even with shipping, I think they beat out ammoman.com. Shippings alot cheaper if you live on the west coast. 1000 rounds for 115 bucks..Thats not too bad.
    1000 rounds of 9mm for 85 bucks..Thats what I go to the range with. If you guys find better prices please post them!!
Those are good prices for the Wolf 40 S&W. The shipping would be $20 here on the West Coast.

Wally World beats their price on the Winchester White Box once you add $14+ in the shipping cost. :cry:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts