Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No suggestions? Crap. Looks like it's gunbroker or gunsamerica for me then. I went around town, and only one shop had one in. Let me get my hands on it to confirm it's something I want, and boy do I!

They wanted $869 for it, and the shop owner balked at me when I offered $850 cash out the door for it, there on the spot even though it was a more than fair price in his favor. The other shop I went to didn't have it in stock and wanted me to pay... get this: $1100 for it! MSRP plus their shipping! Uh... NO.

So, help?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess since it's on allocation, I won't be able to use Gallery of Guns. I'll keep my eyes on it, though. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found one on Guns America for $759 shipped. Done and done.

Will hopefully have it in hand early next week. :)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Found one on Guns America for $759 shipped. Done and done.

Will hopefully have it in hand early next week. :)
Congrats! What kind of glass you plan on using? Damn this sucks my rem 700 won't be here for maybe another week :(.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm probably going to take the spacer off my Aimpoint Comp M4s and throw that on there. I've also ordered an Aimpoint 3x magnifier and twist-off mount to put on the rifle as well. We'll see how that works out. If I'm not impressed, I will probably get a SuperSniper 1-4x24 scope.

SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Really like the reticle on that scope, I have a Hi-lux 1-4x w/ lumination on my AR.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's your opinion on the Hi-Lux? I was looking at the leatherwood 1-4x24 scope as well.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
It's been good to me so far, windage and elevation turrets give a nice positive click noise when adjusting, the zero lock is a nice feature. It's just two hex screws on each turret that needs to be loosen first, adjust then just move the zero rings "0" to the dot. It does take a little effort to get the zero ring to move. Illumination is good I've really only used it a few times at an indoor range. I never owned any higher end glass, but the glass is pretty clear. I have mine mounted with a Burris PEPR one peice mount.

^^^^ this is where I heard about the CMR

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. If the Aimpoint doesn't work out, I'll seriously consider one.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Thanks for the info. If the Aimpoint doesn't work out, I'll seriously consider one.
Also check out at 6:36 he shows how to move the inner ring, I might have just have loosen the locking screws on mine enough to move.

If it doesn't work out at least you got irons!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts