Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the deal - I've been trying to sell or trade my Sig P220R Elite Dark for a few weeks. Finally have some folks on the line that seem serious. One is offering cash, the other just offered a like new FN FNX-45 (non-tactical) with 7 (yes, seven @ $44 ea) magazines and a Streamlight TLR1s weaponlight straight-up. I feel it's a very fair trade, monetarily and the guy has been awesome to talk with so far (unlike some of the dweebs I've been dealing with). If I sold it for cash, the $800 would go towards my desired M9A1 and some upgrades/mags.

So, who's got experience or knowledge of the FNX platform? I know the aftermarket sucks for it and the magazines are HK-expensive. Who has info that I need to know? Anyone? It'll be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oh, here's some pics of the pistol:

·
Registered
671 Posts
The one guy I know that has one, won't shut up about how awesome it is. 15+1 of 45acp on tap in a DA/SA package is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I shot a couple not long after they first came out and while I really liked it and almost bought one, my XD45 kept me from it. But, that same XD45 has been keeping from a G21 for years until the Gen 4 came out. The FN is a great shooting gun.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one guy I know that has one, won't shut up about how awesome it is. 15+1 of 45acp on tap in a DA/SA package is nothing to sneeze at.
It would definitely be my house gun with that capacity, and the light would be a real bonus. If you have the time, could you elaborate on some of the things your acquaintance says about his FNX?
I shot a couple not long after they first came out and while I really liked it and almost bought one, my XD45 kept me from it. But, that same XD45 has been keeping from a G21 for years until the Gen 4 came out. The FN is a great shooting gun.
Thanks for the input, Joe; I was hoping you'd chime in. What did you think about the trigger? Serviceable? Equivalent to Sigs, perhaps? If I could get a Sig trigger in a platform that fits my hands and I don't interfere with the slide stop with my normal grip, that would be fantastic...

·
Registered
29,835 Posts
I've shot a few; if I didn't have 4 doublestack .45's already, I'd likely have one.

I do have an FNX-40 that I like quite a bit. The trigger isn't as nice as my Mk25, but isn't bad.

I can say when I shot a FNX45 side by side with a P227, the FN was a lot more accurate for me, and I preferred it over the 227.

I'd say it's a good trade, and I'd go for it m'self.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Ha, 15 plus 1 for a house gun is child's play, 29 plus 1 FTW.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I thought the trigger was just fine. Like I said, I almost bought one after shooting a couple of them but just figured that my XD45 would keep it from being shot much. And it wasn't a CC size gun for me. It's a chunk. B ut for a HD gun, especially with a light, I say go for it. :D

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I want one of the tacticals.

They're a large gun though so there's that. Grip is probably about on par with a 92 with stock grips though.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've shot a few; if I didn't have 4 doublestack .45's already, I'd likely have one.

I do have an FNX-40 that I like quite a bit. The trigger isn't as nice as my Mk25, but isn't bad.

I can say when I shot a FNX45 side by side with a P227, the FN was a lot more accurate for me, and I preferred it over the 227.

I'd say it's a good trade, and I'd go for it m'self.
Awesome, thanks for the comments.
Ha, 15 plus 1 for a house gun is child's play, 29 plus 1 FTW.
If I need that much, I'm grabbing the AR. :D As a HD gun that I can open carry around the house, I'm thinking it would do just fine. Have to find a holster for it, though.
I thought the trigger was just fine. Like I said, I almost bought one after shooting a couple of them but just figured that my XD45 would keep it from being shot much. And it wasn't a CC size gun for me. It's a chunk. B ut for a HD gun, especially with a light, I say go for it. :D
Good stuff, thanks.
I want one of the tacticals.

They're a large gun though so there's that. Grip is probably about on par with a 92 with stock grips though.
I've read that it was similar to the 92 in grip size, and feels a little smaller than the Glock 21. Then again, this is quite a commitment and I may be better served by a G41 for a HD/range gun...

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much rather get something that I intend on keeping. :lol: Right now that's:

- M9A1
- 92 Series Compact w/rail
- 92FS Type-M
- Glock 41

·
Banned
0 Posts
Can you meet him at the range and shoot it first?

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I came close to getting one. Felt very comfortable in the hand, and the DA/SA trigger was better than the USP I was trying to trade for it at the time.

If they had offered me more for the USP I would have come home with it, but the math just didn't work out right.

I still want one, but it's tough for me to follow through with when I can get 2 Glocks for the same price (almost).

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you meet him at the range and shoot it first?
Not a bad idea.
And you may just want to keep it.

Shooting first would be nice though.
Shaddup, you! ;) :lol:
I came close to getting one. Felt very comfortable in the hand, and the DA/SA trigger was better than the USP I was trying to trade for it at the time.

If they had offered me more for the USP I would have come home with it, but the math just didn't work out right.

I still want one, but it's tough for me to follow through with when I can get 2 Glocks for the same price (almost).
Yeah, I keep getting hung up on what I can get for the money and how I can configure a Glock exactly how I want it. But then again I'm a huge nutswinging fan of the traditional double action and hammer-fired pistols. I've never given an FN pistol a shot, either.

I'm a hopeless creature. :( This is going to bother me all night, I know it! Choices, choices.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
One of my buddies EDC's it in the winter.. He loves it. I've shot it once and it was a little to big for my hands but such a soft shooter! And I have smaller hands -.- I say if it is a fair trade money wise it's definitely worth it!!

And if worse comes to worse the FNX45s a hard to find( atleast around here) so it should be a quick sell.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I think the FNX-45 is a great gun, shooters I know that I have a lot of respect for have them and love them. The grip is a large 2x4, but if you can still get a good grip on it (and I can) I think they're great guns.

I dig the trigger and safety mechanism on them, just like the HK45, it allows you to carry cocked and locked or use it as a decocker.

For what he's offering I don't think you lose anything but I never pay attention to the number of mags or an attached light, straight up your Sig vs the FN your Sig is worth more. But if you're going to put the FN to good use as your home defense gun so what if you loose a bit.

I think you'll like the FN.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Dooooo it.

Or hold out for a tactical so you can put a Trijicon on it. And borrow Carl's can.

How exactly does that work if you put his suppressor on your gun anyway? I'm sure there's something the ATF would get butt hurt about doing that...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Dooooo it.

Or hold out for a tactical so you can put a Trijicon on it. And borrow Carl's can.

How exactly does that work if you put his suppressor on your gun anyway? I'm sure there's something the ATF would get butt hurt about doing that...
He would have to be under Hariet's or my supervision or added as a trustee.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Kinda figured that's how it'd have to work. You'd have to present for it to be kosher.

You have to bring the paperwork to the range too right?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts