Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In August of last year, I bought my p2000 to use as my concealed carry weapon. I thought HK was the proverbial cat's nipples. I did my training w/ it, and it did and still does function flawlesssly w/ ~6k rounds through it now. So I got my carry permit on October 27 of last year and to celebrate, I went straight from the sheriff's office to the gun shop where I bought myself a new "toy" gun in the form of a XD9 tactical. This is the gun I started using in competition when I realized the LEM trigger on my HK, while great for carry, was costing me time in competition. My father is now the owner of this fine weapon and I will probably get it back again some day either when he decides to sell or in his will (which is more likely since he hasn't sold a gun yet).

Since buying that pistol a hair over 9 months ago, I have also purchased
-a production class ready XD9Tac from Canyon Creek
- an XD9 tactical that has been through the SA custom shop w/ Armory Kote, Heinie straight 8 nights, bbl fitment, and 4# trigger
- an XD9 service which has also been through the SA shop w/ same treatment
- an XD40 V10 that was fun to shoot, but served no real purpose in my collection especially since I am not a big 40 cal fan anyway. It never failed to feed fire or eject though. I traded that for a Bushmaster 223 A3 upper for my AR
- another xd9 service that should be here this week that I am going to try the grip cut down and also try my hand at doing a refinish, pics to follow in a couple months.

So whodda thunkit that a HK fan would suddenly find himself wrapped up in this crazy little Croatian wonder pistol and buy 6 of them in 9 months. I think this qualifies me as a troubled addict. I need therapy... anyone have any ammo so I can go counsel myself at the range? :twisted:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Good story, thanks.

I was an HK fan too, until I actually bought a USP and tried using it for something. It was too big for carry, too slow for competition and too uncomfortable for much else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts