Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rocking out a Bushmaster XM-15 M4 type. (the preban one with the adjustable stock)

The problem is that is has a 14.5'' barrel with a Y-comp muzzle break pinned onto it.

Which makes shooting it amazingly loud and I would rather have the option of changing the breaks on the end.

Perhaps throwing an A2 style break on there would be nice... but alas..

I need a threaded barrel that is the full 16''.

Any suggestions.

M4 style feed ramps and chrome lined are a must.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm rocking out a Bushmaster XM-15 M4 type. (the preban one with the adjustable stock)

The problem is that is has a 14.5'' barrel with a Y-comp muzzle break pinned onto it.

Which makes shooting it amazingly loud and I would rather have the option of changing the breaks on the end.

Perhaps throwing an A2 style break on there would be nice... but alas..

I need a threaded barrel that is the full 16''.

Any suggestions.

M4 style feed ramps and chrome lined are a must.
not sure about the M4 feed ramps but this should foot the bill on most everything.

Welcome to Model 1 Sales' Online Order Center

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
That break is pinned and welded....it can be removed but then being 14.5" you would have to pin and weld another extended length flash hider back on.

Unless your receiver is cut for the M4 ramps you really do not need the M4 ramps on the barrel extension, but it (the receiver) will work with them. Just not the other way around.

What price range ARe you looking for ?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That break is pinned and welded....it can be removed but then being 14.5" you would have to pin and weld another extended length flash hider back on.

Unless your receiver is cut for the M4 ramps you really do not need the M4 ramps on the barrel extension, but it (the receiver) will work with them. Just not the other way around.

What price range ARe you looking for ?

yeah my current barrel has M4 feed ramps so I was gonna stick with what I know works in the rifle.

I kind of like the look of the 16'' barrel with the 203 indention or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thanks TJ,

Now do I want an A2 Forged front site base or a gas block front site base.

I need the internet to make my decisions!
it depends on if you want flip up sights or not, with S&W i will be taking the A2 off and replacing it with a Lo-Pro gas block and using TROY flip up sights,

if you would prefer a more permanent sight stick with the A2 more of an issue issue if your using a Red dot site and it being in the site picture bothers you or not.

since your leaving this up to us do we have a budget?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it depends on if you want flip up sights or not, with S&W i will be taking the A2 off and replacing it with a Lo-Pro gas block and using TROY flip up sights,

if you would prefer a more permanent sight stick with the A2 more of an issue issue if your using a Red dot site and it being in the site picture bothers you or not.

since your leaving this up to us do we have a budget?
I'm wanting to stay under 250 (give or take)

I may sell my old barrel (only 60 rounds through it) and then the budget will increase and I'll probably end up getting carried away.

I'll probably be getting a BUIS at the same time... remove the carry handle and all that. At the moment I don't have any optics on it because I can't make a decision on which I want but I'll hold that over for another thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts