Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
That's good news. It's about time. Hopefully, they will get prices down to or close to what they were before the pandemic.

·
Premium Member
18,007 Posts
Have not had the best experience with Remington.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Remington ammo ranks just above anything steel-cased on my shopping list preference. More failures with Big R than any other brand, across numerous platforms. Maybe the comeback will yield different results.

·
Registered
130 Posts
S&B is my favorite ammo for range use in my 9mm firearms. Federal is next with Federal HST as my go to self defense ammo. I have never had any just all out bad experiences with any ammo thru any of my 9mms. For my .22 firearms usually it is Aguila, Federal or Eley. Remington is my least favorite .22 ammo.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Who wants AMMO?! The shortage may finally be over!
Big Green is back! We are making ammunition 24/7 at our all-American manufacturing facility in Lonoke, Arkansas. Watch our video to find out more.

Saweet!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Did the Remington ammo company change hands last year like most of their gun companies, or are the same folks running it still?

·
Registered
Got ammo?
572 Posts
Hi,

Yay! Mr. Vanderbrink is gettin' the band back together! Woot!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thank you.

Hopefully they make some improvements.

We opened an older box of thunderbolts last weekend for my nephew to shoot and about 5% of the box was crimped cases with no bullet.
Yes, things had been going down hill for quite a while. I’ve had mixed results with Rem ammo, mostly with 22’s also. I don’t buy much other calibers because I load everything but have gotten some various boxes here and there. In the late 80’s early 90’s I had bought some Rem 223 brass because that’s all they had at the time. They were in a box not a bag and two or three pieces out of every box had the mouth’s mashed almost shut. Box of 500 UMC 22 shells, at least 5 out of every 50 no bang, pulled some and had powder but maybe no priming charge. Wouldn’t go no matter how many times I tried. Bag of 100, 357 brass some of the flasholes were way off center and some not punched. My brother gave me a 100 #7 1/2 primers to try in my 454. My revolver doesn’t hit every primer dead center so many of those wouldn’t fire. Didn’t have any problems with any other brand. Bought 2000 55g 223 JSP bullets and the cannelures are at different heights on the bullets so seating depths are not consistent if you want to crimp them. Now saying that, I have bought some 708, 22 Hornet and 444 Marlin brass that’s excellent. It just seems that I’ve had more bad luck with their products than good, but I have friends that swear by their rifle ammo. Hopefully the QC will improve now.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
30 or 40 years ago we thought Remington was the best.

Remington was the preferred rifle/handgun ammo. Federal was okay - when you could find it and Winchester was what was left on the shelves when the Remington ammo was gone just before deer season.

My M52 Winchester and Ruger Mk1 5.5" bull barrel shot Remington Thunderbolts better than any of the more expensive ammo. Premium .22 for me was the jacketed Remington ammo, which I didn't buy much of. Don't need hollow points for head shooting squirrels/rabbits/groundhogs and paper/soda cans.

Several years back most people thought Remington was crap ammo. Every now and then someone would speak up and say their rifle shot Thunderbolts better than anything else they'd tried (you know, .22's are like that, you need to buy several brands and try them to see what your gun works/shoots best).

Even if it's not the quality it was 30 or 40 years ago, it is ammo, people will buy it and shoot it and that will ease up the supply of other brands.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Meh, it's just range-fodder like any other - any one gun or another can love it or hate it. :)

I haven't had any problems with any of their 115 gr. 9x19 or 55 gr. .223, but UMC is really blasty in my 3.8 Compacts......

12924414_1069864743056406_4507031451781933664_n.jpg

There's a bit of the XC1 in there, but that's a rather low-powered light as-is, so that's pretty much all blast. :ROFLMAO:

I was told repeatedly by some locals that Remmy's Golden Bullets wouldn't feed/function in my 15-22, but I really didn't see any worse problems with it than with any other range-fodder, either.

I don't quite have the 42K rounds I've had with 115 gr. WWB as I do with UMC - probably only about 10K or so - but even today, it's still on my "I'll buy it if I see it on sale" list.

I'm not really sure if supply has finally caught up with demand or if folks simply finally quit panic-buying. Local shelves are supposedly not that bad any more (from a good friend of mine who took some pictures the last time he went, a couple of weeks ago - I haven't picked up any ammo since things went crazy), but prices are still quite high.

A part of me also wonders if the novelty has worn off for some of the newer shooters that came into the community last year. Or if perhaps with re-opening, their work-schedules have made it so that they don't get out to the range as much as they used to....

All I know is that the UPS guy is going to hate me when I start buying ammo again. 🤣

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think will see much until sleepy Joe is gone but maybe will see.
If Joe Bi Den fades out before this term, Kamel Hair and her ilk will certainly try to make things more hand-wringingly tense and may make ammo even more scarce.

At least for now it is nice to see Remington Ammo posted on retailers websites (even though it says out of stock). Looking forward to seeing some green boxes on shelves.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
All you haters can have my WWB ammo. Which is IMO crap.
I have good luck with the Remington and UMC stuff.

Leaves more for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me in your boat? I have a Federal Lifejacket.

Reactions: ZanderMan

·
Registered
270 Posts
Even with the shortage, I lucked out imo with Sig 124 and 147 V-Crown 9mm, I also have some 40 cal HST. But for range practice I have Sig 124gr fmj not too bad of a price.

Reactions: BassCliff

·
Premium Member
18,007 Posts
If Joe Bi Den fades out before this term, Kamel Hair and her ilk will certainly try to make things more hand-wringingly tense and may make ammo even more scarce.

At least for now it is nice to see Remington Ammo posted on retailers websites (even though it says out of stock). Looking forward to seeing some green boxes on shelves.
Finally a userid that fits.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts