Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the Croatian Army,is the XD issued by any other Militaries or Police Departments?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm a member of the unorganized, unfunded, unofficial Citizen Army of the USA. Since it's unorganized with no actual leadership, I promote myself to General. (5 star). :)

Oh yes, I do use the XD.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm a member of the unorganized, unfunded, unofficial Citizen Army of the USA. Since it's unorganized with no actual leadership, I promote myself to General. (5 star). :)

Oh yes, I do use the XD.
I'd like to form an alliance with your force. I myself am General of the Oregon High Cascade Civilian Guard. :D

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts

Oh yes, I do use the XD.
I'd like to form an alliance with your force. I myself am General of the Oregon High Cascade Civilian Guard. :D
Sgt. Rickett of Northwest Civil Armed Alliance has your back!:D

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Back on track...I have seen them in Denver PD holsters. (I think Denver still allows 1911 carry as well).

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The Cole County Missouri Sheriff's Dept has been carrying XD's for about 3 years.

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts

Oh yes, I do use the XD.
Sgt. Rickett of Northwest Civil Armed Alliance has your back!:D
Cpt. Harrington of the Central Austin Texas Legion of Civilians reporting in for duty!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
?? WTF.. where is that?? Is part of the Southern Oregon Firearms And Tactics (aka SOFAT) LOL..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was talking to a Firearm Instructor in Texas,ands he says his local PD issues the XD,but the problem with the XD not being seen in more Police holsters is due to "Springfield has a legal position that has kept them from creating a armorer program.S&W has a aggressive armorer program that sets up local PD gunsmith as certified armorer's."So,that might be one reason why the M&P is outpacing the XD in Police use.

Ergonomics of the M&P just didn't appeal to me.I abhor that segmented trigger and find beavertail to add unecessary length compared to recoil reduction benefits.I'm a long time Glock user,but wanted a Poly Pistol with a Thumb Safety.T/S on the XD seems to lock have better positive locking & a flatter profile compared to M&P's somewhat obtrusive one.XD is unique with that stand-off which might come in handy in CQC.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Glock has over 70% of the l.e. business. That's not likely to change anytime soon. Even if Springfield begins to match Glock's incentive prices for l.e., there's still the armorer-training program. Even we simpletons can completely disassemble a Glock with no special tooks in a couple of minutes. There are no roll pins in Glocks. There are also fewer parts in Glocks than in XDs, and there are many more parts available for purchase by the general public and by l.e. from Glock than Springfield, for their XDs.

I'm not saying that Glocks are better than XDs. For a lot of folks, XDs are clearly a better choice than Glocks. Just making the point about ease of training cops as armorers, parts availability, etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts