Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a couple of extra xd 40 12 round magazines. Do you guys know of anyone that accepts pay pal? thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction, most of the sellers on it take paypal, you will have to be aware that Paypal is a Company of Ebay, that means that if at any point you give out information about the item beein a firearm or something for a firearm, not only your account but also the sellers account will be canceled.

So make sure you be very carefull.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
just wiondering why you want to use pay pal. over a websites checkout?

·
Registered
55 Posts
PayPal is anti-Second Amendment! I would strongly suggest not using them. I personally won't pay a dime to anyone who thinks they want to control my rights via big business.:mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
big thanks to springer precision for trying to be accomidating but I was not aware of the problems with paypal. I think that I will not be using pay pal.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I use PayPal and eBay all the time.

I've bought and sold many a gun item on Ebay and paid or was paid with Paypal.
I've sold firearms (but not on eBay), to private individuals and they were paid with PayPal.

Ebay will not sell firearms, mags, barrels, and other parts because they don't want to be liable for misuse for such items.
In this "sue anyone for anything" world, who can blame them?
If eBay was so anti-gun they wouldn't sell grips, holsters, or any of the other 1000s of firearm related items that they do allow.

PayPal is more secure than using a credit card, the seller NEVER sees your credit card or bank account info.

Slam me if you want, but there is nothing wrong with using Ebay or PayPal.
If you don't agree, then don't use them.:roll:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Paypal is nice to pay for something, but not good for a seller. They suck. goto google and type, PayPal sucks, FU*K paypal etc.. crazy stories

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Why not use Western Union?

·
Registered
366 Posts
FWIW-I've conducted PayPal transactions on gun related stuff qute a bit(even with members here and on Arfcom), never had a problem. The easiest way to pay for ANYTHING with PayPal, even if they don't take PayPal, is to get "verified". This is by no means a shameless plug for them. If you get verified, they will give you a CC number to use online only. Works great, because nearly everyone will take a CC. I read (on the internet somewhere) that they have recently relaxed thier rules on gun related stuff, but I'm not sure...

--John

·
Registered
410 Posts
Most folks charge an additional 3% for using PayPal, or even a credit card. I think payment via money order is the best. Make take a few days longer, but oh well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
FWIW-I've conducted PayPal transactions on gun related stuff qute a bit(even with members here and on Arfcom), never had a problem. The easiest way to pay for ANYTHING with PayPal, even if they don't take PayPal, is to get "verified". This is by no means a shameless plug for them. If you get verified, they will give you a CC number to use online only. Works great, because nearly everyone will take a CC. I read (on the internet somewhere) that they have recently relaxed thier rules on gun related stuff, but I'm not sure...

--John
I don't know what it used to be, but currently:

What types of firearms related items does PayPal prohibit?

Question : Answer :
PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition. PayPal may allow certain U.S. merchants to sell items addressed by this policy if they have been approved by PayPal and can ensure transactions and shipments comply with all applicable laws and regulations.

Firearms – Include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns - For U.S. residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. U.S. sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the U.S. are prohibited.

Other Related Items – PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts