Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newer CCWer and I'm still working out daily carry.

One question I had for other carriers is who knows that you carry?

For me, it's a short list, and I plan to keep it that way.
Wife, sister, two best friends.
These people know because if there's ever a situation where I need to use my weapon they know how to act. They also are all proficient with my gun, so in a situation where I go down(injured/medical/ect) they could take control of the situation and ensure that my weapon is properly used/accounted for.

How about you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I am actually carrying, generally only my wife and (perhaps) daughter. I am told in Texas if you are in an accident or incapacitated and LE or Emergency Responder sees the CHL ID, they will search you and your surroundings for a weapon to secure it.

That's "what I am told" so don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
A couple know. Many more figure I will be. I hope all expect me to be carrying.

·
Registered
142 Posts
most of my friends are CHL holders or at least "into" guns and the like

my family and wife's family know also

it has come up when talking to some aquaintences of my wifes or coworkers also

once the newness of it wore off, it wasnt as big of a deal to people, so i keep it under wraps

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't tell people I'm wearing underwear. Why should they know I'm carryin'? MHO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My husband, my 3 sons, and my boss.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
When I am actually carrying, generally only my wife and (perhaps) daughter. I am told in Texas if you are in an accident or incapacitated and LE or Emergency Responder sees the CHL ID, they will search you and your surroundings for a weapon to secure it.

That's "what I am told" so don't hold me to it.
We secure the weapon usually give it to PD, most of us( us being EMS). Will clear the weapon and place it into our lock boxes ASAP then place it in PD custody then to your family or you when you are released. If we are not sure about the weapon or you are unconscious PD is placed in charge of the weapon immediately.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Anybody close to me. All my friends and family all either work in the emergency field (Leo/medical/etc.) or are at least some type of avid outdoorsman, so carrying is the norm in my circle of folk. No one makes a big deal about it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since I am head of the security ministry at the church I attend, the entire congregation knows. Other than that, just a few family members and a couple of close friends.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
my wife (she does too) and immediate family (they frown on it). my boss and a couple friends who do as well. i tend to not bring it up around people that aren't into guns since they usually get skittish...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts