Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to have some XD work done. From those of you who have seen both, who does a better trigger/action job? Barsto or Canyon Creek? Who has better .357 barrels? Barsto or EFK. I am leaning in favor of Barsto so that I can do one stop shopping. But nothing is written in stone. I don't have a problem getting the work and barrels from different places if the quality is superior or if the quality is equal but the price is right.

ranburr

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Barsto can not touch Rich's work on the XD, there is no comparsion.

Personally, I consider EFK barrels a better value. They are made in the USA (Arizona) and use a high-quality SS. This coupled with a life-time warranty is pretty good, plus they are $50 less than Barsto.

·
Registered
16 Posts
to OldSchool !

Because you have expressed your opinion re: Rich's work vs: Barsto's work, could you be a bit more specific about your opinions/comparisons?

I am definitely in NEED of some trigger work, but have always preferred to do my own (on 1911's). Now that I have the variety of XD's, I want to experience 'the best' but also want to be able to do it. So, again, my question - how do you compare their work as to pre-travel, over-travel weight-of-pull, crispness, cost or whatever else you might throw into the descriptions of trigger pull.

As for the barrels, maybe you have more specifics? Accuracy? Function? Fit?

[I should mention I have not yet and maybe am not capable of doing a fair comparison of stock vs. Barsto vs. EFK barrels, even tho I have an example of each. My only comment via experience is my Barsto 9mm Tactical barrel conversion has the tightest chamber of ANY of my many 9mm guns ... EVER! Read that as H.Q. gunsmithing ... but it's causing jams with my Dillon reloads that, after 100+M's of rounds, have ALWAYS functioned in dozens of other chambers. I will try to remember to do an 'accuracy' test with each and report back.]

I'd really appreciate your comments. Thanks!

~ E Mont

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rich of Canyon Creek gets my vote

1 - 6 of 6 Posts