Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new XD45 5" Tactical and shame on me I didn't look it over well before buying it. The trigger feels lousy, and the slide seems to catch on the magazine when pulled rearward.

I'd like to have this thing gone over by a gunsmith who is very experienced with XD's. I know nothing about what sort of custom trigger or other work is available. Any help anyone may be able to provide would be very much appreciated.

I have not yet fired it but I'll of course put a at least a couple hundred rounds through before having any work done.

This is my first post on this site, it looks like a great site. Thanks! cls

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
goto scott springer SpringerPrecision.com he did my triggerjob and some other work on my xd, hes really good...

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I used Springfield Custom and they did a great job for me. They have great customer service and fair prices.

I haven't used Springer Precision (mentioned in first post) but have read lots of positive feedback on this Forum and he's also a commercial sponsor, so I'd certainly recommend you check him out too and compare.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Any of the XDTalk sponsors are good XD gunsmiths just click on "XDTalk Sponsors" and check out their sights. I would suggest that you shoot the gun some before you get any work done. Most guns need to be shot a couple hundred times to smooth out the rough edges and this is true o the XDs. About 500 rounds seems to be the point where the XDs start smoothing out. Besides it helps the gunsmith see the friction points it you shoot it befoe you send it to them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It like saying... Who is the best NFL team, or NBA team.... you'll get different responses.

The main "top" with great turn around time, i would say are:
Canyon Creek
(PRP) Powder River Precision
Springer Precision
Springfield Custom

I went with PRP route... its all about choice really can go wrong with either..

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just bought a new XD45 5" Tactical and shame on me I didn't look it over well before buying it. The trigger feels lousy, and the slide seems to catch on the magazine when pulled rearward.
Do you have experience with another xd???? Trigger opinion is all subjective, but most will say factory triggers are quite pleasant compared to other polymers.

What do u mean by the slide catching on the magazine??? Unloaded it should. elaborate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just got my XDsc 9 back from Springer Precision today....haven't had a chance to put any rounds through it but just by dry firing it I can say he did a great job (i got the combat carry job at 5#)...i'll take it to the range tomorrow. Also got Heinie straight 8's put on it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've used Springer Precision and will do so again in the future. Excellent service and incredibly fast responses on any questions I'd have.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
if you believe theres something wrong with your xd call Springfield. its under warranty. then have mods done. if your not sure have a local smith look at it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
springer.

thats all that needs to be said

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the input, I do appreciate it. I guess I spoke too soon on the slide hanging up. It was an assumption on my part that it was the magazine. I found that it sometimes hung up with the magazine removed. And only when the hammer needed cocking. But whatever it was it seems to have worked itself out as it no longer hangs up.

I need to get out and shoot it a bunch before determining if I should have some work done to it or not.

Thanks again all...

cls

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Yep, break that puppy in before you make changes.
And remember, shooting guns is NOT fun and DON'T try and make it fun, either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts