Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many folks EDC this pistol and feel comfortable with its reliability in that role. Ultimately I'd like to get a different, newer CZ for my "go-to" handgun, but I want one of these for the collection anyway and the price is right.

Part 2: if you do carry it, what holster do you use? I already saw the other thread in this section, but there aren't many options listed.

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
I own one

A. Its my truck/toolbox/leave (el cheapo badguy ventilator) at home for the wife/older boys handgun (she will have the AR, 12Gauge, and many other assorted badguy stopping tools)
B. I carry a proven system 1991 (aka the 1911 series) on my person
C. Replaced the IMHO "craptastic" Hi-points I owned (sorry you Hi-point aficionados..I owned 2..they sucked!!!)

Reliability wise...it is unstoppable...it goes bang every time...without fail (they WERE originally police issue..and they wouldn't issue junk to officers!) And with the ballistics of the 9mm MAK being between the anemic .380 and the over-penetrating 9mm Parabellum I feel that in case of emergency a fist full of a dozen rounds rather comforting. Mine and 500 rounds cost a little over $300 bucks

Sorry for crappy cell phone img

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Good question.

I just got my C&R and the 82 is first on my list. I carry a Rami, but plan on using the 82 as a car gun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I usually carry mine in one of the shoulder holsters cz-usa was selling a while back. Works great if you set it up correctly. That or I carry in a cheap nylon DeSantis IWB job for the Walther PP series, also works great. I like the 9mm Makarov round, not too small not to powerful, I don't feel outgunned with my 82 in hand, but I also carry 2 extra mags and my LCR with 2 speedstrips as a bug most of the time as well. It shoots so well and accurate it's hard to imagine the level of performance you get for the little money spent on one of these beauties, actually mine was given to me by a good friend as a gift, he bought one at the same time as well, so I will never get rid of it. Best handgun value in the US today! Only problem is not everybody can easily get 9 Mak. ammo as easily as others, me, I have no problems here in N. Texas. During the election when you couldn't get ANY ammo, especially .380, I had no problems getting 9 Mak.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I plan on taking a little trip up to J&G Sales in the next month or so to pick one up. Probably gonna drool on everything else up there too, maybe finally get a Mosin. I CC my P-64 for now but may switch out to the CZ-82 for the higher cap mag.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on taking a little trip up to J&G Sales in the next month or so to pick one up. Probably gonna drool on everything else up there too, maybe finally get a Mosin. I CC my P-64 for now but may switch out to the CZ-82 for the higher cap mag.
Have you been up there before, is this your first in-person visit? The only reason I ask is that when I was there last I was surprised at how (relatively) little of their stock is actually out on display. It seems like most of the surplus stuff is in the back and they bring it out for you.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Have you been up there before, is this your first in-person visit? The only reason I ask is that when I was there last I was surprised at how (relatively) little of their stock is actually out on display. It seems like most of the surplus stuff is in the back and they bring it out for you.
It will be my first time up there. I've been meaning to go up there. But even if it's all in back, it seems like I'd at least get to see what I'm getting rather than hope they send me something good.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be my first time up there. I've been meaning to go up there. But even if it's all in back, it seems like I'd at least get to see what I'm getting rather than hope they send me something good.
Cool--I just hate to see somebody make the drive expecting to find racks and racks of stuff to sort through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts